Greencoachdog

I got the Scout XL last year and do like the bigger screen .. to be honest though I was a little disappointed at the visibility (only a few feet even in clear water) once you get down more than 30 or so feet .... I do like watching my minnow from above while ice fishing ... this year I have rigged it up and am gonna try it trolling... did have some issues when an eight pound laker decided to use the cable to wrap around (about 20 times) befre I could get her up through the ice .... it was in a separate hole but needed to be close by or you couldnt see the minnow

If you're not fishing near bottom you basically see a back screen most of the time though

i have the aquaveiw scout (since last feb) and i rate it as ok. it is definately a cool toy, it's pretty entertaining to see the fish and it's handy for identifying bottom structure/weed types etc.

the downside is that it is very cheaply built. for the amount that those things cost, i thought that it would be constructed a bit sturdier (ie - the knobs for brightness & contrast)

also, camilj makes a good point with respect to visibility

as far as a good purchase, don't know if it was worth the money but whatever, i have it now so i might as well make good use of it :dunno:

Edited by darcy

I like my scout.It is fun to play with.I have 2 things I would like improved.

1-better visablity in low light , can't see much during "prime time" at dusk for walleyes.Its real bad if there is heavy snow cover on the ice.

2-Longer battery life, it lasts 4 hrs on its own battery but I fish for 12 hours so I have to have a back up power sorce.

But overall I would buy another.It sure is fun to watch how fish like pike hunt their prey.Those perch can be down right funny to watch as well.I also can't seem to catch bluegill without it.