Fishing spots near Toronto

punjabiyaar

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/STEL02_163569.pdf - This link should help.. It lists a number of spots, and fish you can expect to be there.. go out and experiment, do some legwork, and see what's there..

As far as lures, go to your local Canadian Tire, to the fishing section, and try a few different lures.. buy a few crankbaits, jerkbaits, and spinnerbaits, and give them all a try.. The worst thing that happens is you have a great day out fishing, and working on your technique..

And if your a complete rookie to fishing, I suggest reading a few books on the topic, and watching a few Saturday morning fishing shows, to get a little more familiar w/ things

Edited by tdotfisherman

If you've never fished before make sure you have an ontario fishing license and are familiar with the fishing regulations. You need to be aware that many types of fish have closed seasons when you cannot fish for them (you're pretty safe now but in the fall many fishing seasons start to close). Also some water bodies have different rules on what you can fish for, you can't keep everything you catch. It may seem like a lot but you need to know this stuff before you start fishing.

Any tackle store in your area can get you set up with a license and a copy of the regulations.

Don't fish in toronto so can't help you out there.

good luck

Edited by timmeh

So then why not ask another for a worm and hook? I am sure they would have given you one. Or search for a worm ;)

I did ask for it, but they did not had any spares. I saw a woman who was fishing with a rod and two reels (without rods) and i saw her a couple of time going into water probably fishing with bare hands. I wished her good luck