Info. On The Rideau Lakes

Eddyk

As I have posted earlier ,I am moving to the Rideau lakes this spring. I am having a problem finding out what species of fish are in all the different lakes. I am particularly interested in Lower and Upper Beverly Lakes near the town of Delta as that is where Im moving to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Eddyk:

Can't help you out with those two waters you mention, but I pass near Delta each year on my way to the Upper Rideau. (I think it is the upper). We stay in Rideau Ferry and have pretty good success with bass in the summer. We can get into 4 lb and the occassional 5 lb - most bass are smaller of course, but the possibility is there. Lots of pan fish and smaller pike. Been coming up here for about 5 or 6 years now and heading back up this July. Our dates are July 14 to 21. Passing near Delta, we're on Rt. 15 towards Smiths Falls and turn off Route 1 back to Rideau Ferry ... keep going on Route 1 and you'll come right into Perth. My wife and I make a couple trips into this most beautiful town. Very historic ... we love it.

They used to hold a couple bass tournaments on these waters I fish and some of the group did bring in a couple beauties. I had a nice 4+ pounder that I was holding up for a photo ... .should have seen the look on the tournament guy's faces when they saw that one. Photo and release. Guys uses a lot of spinners, as we do from time to time. Crank baits along the rocky shore lines also produced some good results. Mainly, we use the worm rigging I mentioned above.

I've been in Delta a couple times. There is a little restaurant near the mill that we have stopped in for breakfast ... on our way home. Don't recall the name right now, as it has been a couple years since we stopped by. Good breakfast at a good price.

For bass, we primarily use a Florida rig. 3/0 offset hook, 1/8 oz weight with a screw to imbed in the rubber worm, and cast her out. I just switched from Spider Wire over to Stren Stealth 14lb and so far I like that line for the bass fishing. No problems with it. We like a little breeze going to move the boat across the expansive weed beds. Early am and late evening we put on some jitterbugs and let the fun begin. Bass fishing with top waters is really a rush.

I also like to fish for musky (only 1 to my name so far ... but I'm trying). I hear there are musky in the Rideau River system, but have not done that yet. Was considering a guide for a day on one of my trips up there to hit the river, but not much luck yet in finding one. The owner of the camp keeps telling me that there are nice musky in that area ... that I don't need to make trips to the French to catch them. Maybe someday I'll try out the river, just don't know where they are just yet.

Good luck in your move - there's lots of fishing to be had in that area and within a short drive.

Edited by Rich Clemens

great area and lots of lakes in a very short distance

beverly has big perch crappie bass large and small and some pike

not that I want to give an ad for another website but

http://www.fish-hawk.net/

is a good spot to look

and you could buy an adventure fishing map for beverly that will tell you what fish and where to fish