Greencoachdog

Anyone ever see a Pike Scissor style lure?

I have and I would not want that hooked into me <_<

Some folks are way past help when it comes to this subject.

Not to hijack this thread but here is an example of this kind of logic...

Was fishing Pigeon a while back and doing well and was keeping an eye on a rental house boat approaching.

They came close enough for a conversation and asked about the area and species and locations.

I was nice and gave a pointer a mile up the lake away from me.

They proceeded to stay right on top of me long after the conversation was over.

Fish on or not I was outta there.

Swimming beaches are often an over looked spot, atleast outside of Sweden :D

I used to fish the conservation areas around here alot, and always the big fish were around the most popular beaches, every year the winner of the Valens derby is caught just off the beach. Swimmers stir up all the critters in the sand, big guys aren't too far behind.

Last year I was swimming at a beach down were the Detroit River flows into Eire and this bass boat pulls up just down at the end of the beach. They start hooking up with fish big time and I walk in the water almost right up to the boat. They were catching white and smallmouth bass. They were casting to waist deep water and doing quite well there was lots of swimmers just down from them so the fish werent spooked and had run deeper in fact they seemed to be turned on.

Now that you have brought the subject up I have to say that what I saw in Myrtle Beach a couple of weeks ago surprised me.

It was early evening, just as the sun was setting. A female was surf fishing on the beach in the hotel strip. It was fairly busy with kids and teens in the water and kids with skim boards. Actually 2 of the kids splashing around was her own and were not more than 4 feet from where her line entered the water. With the wave action I have no idea how she could know exactly where the action end of her line was. I was concerned but kept my mouth shut. Oh yeah, by what she said her target was small sharks, a species that you are asked not to fish for.

• 4 weeks later...