First Steelhead Of 2006-07

fishersquige

I finally got my first steelie of 06-07 after about 4 outings and first in 4 years lol (just never fished for them). I caught it last Thursday. I wanted to post it sooner but I was dumb enough not to bring my own camera and I just got the pic from my friend today. Went out with 3 friends that I work with from BPS and we had a blast 10 fish in total were caught that day. I really seem to enjoy fishing for steelhead it's for some reason really refreshing. It might be because of how calming the river is and how nice the scenery is it's just great. And one last thing I recall people getting skunked fishing for steel, I say no matter what keep at it in the end its worth it.

105_0549.jpg

Great report and nice lookin steelie! I started as a complete newbie during the Christmas break...been out 5 times now and haven't brought one in yet. Had a few strikes and lost one in a pretty good fight, but no fishy pics from me as of yet! The trib near my place had low water levels and was murky yesterday....hopefully it wont be too cold this weekend to try again.

Nice job on your catch! Hope to see more reports from you.

They fight as well as any bass such an awesome fish. Hey pikie were you at the store last weekend. I thought I saw you there but I was busy running around with customer service calls and then I wanted to come and help you out but I couldn't find you. Well anyways see you around.