Any thoughts on Mountsberg Reservoir near Guelph?

Guest Lundboy is Done

Guest lundboy

Just wondering if anyone has fished Mountsberg Reservoir near Guelph just off the 401.

I'm thinking of hitting the shoreline there after work once or twice this summer.

The water levels should still be decent, but the weeds will be at their highest. From shore you'll still have the area near the dam as well as around the boat launch that should be open enough to cast from shore. If you decide to take a boat remember that there is "No Gas Motors" allowed. Don't forget to pay, the conservation staff check the cars in the lot daily for ticket stubs. It's only $10 and the fine is $60 for not paying. You should be able to scare up some hammer handle pike and maybe a largemouth if you're lucky. Good luck.

Lots of panfish and some small and decent size pike there for sure. Me and my buddy caught a couple bigger ones on topwater there a year or two ago, which to me is the way to go at Mountsberg in the summer (like jediangler said the weeds will be up to the top by now.

Like Jedi said there are fish to be had but the weeds are thick this time of year. Pike, bass and perch are what I typically catch in the Berg. Topwater is not a bad idea as it will save you time untangling weeds from your subsurface lures.

Nugs

We were there yesterday and caught about 30 pike. There are lots of pike in there. All you need is some type of spinnerbait. Top water is fun too . Poppers or buzzbait is a real hoot. No largies yesterday. We saw a couple but only targeted them them for about 20 mins. The pike action was hot so we stuck with that. We were in boat as well. You will be able to cover more water like that. Its also a great place to take a kid fishing.