The Bench

danc

Surprisingly, I won a photo challenge for this photo amongst my peers in a photography forum that I frequent. The theme was "Fade Away". I only entered this photo because it was the most recent shot that I had that also fit the theme. I wasn't overly impressed with it. But apparently others were. The comments that I received were overwhelming, to say the least. I was a bit stunned by some of them, quite frankly. "Dali like" was mentioned more than once.

Please be honest. Does this photo really move you? Or is it just "ok". I can't figure out what all the fuss is about.

bench.jpg

Hey Dan, People are drawn to mist photos I find. Could be that aspect of the pic that evokes such a feeling from them. It does have Great mood and Mystery. What forum did you enter it, if you don't mind me asking???? Mookie aka Fishergirl

It's a great shot Dan, I think because living up north, we see these scenes most mornings, so they loose a bit of there appeal, but to people who very rarely ever get to see such beauty, this is just awesome, heaven-like.

Sorta like how we drool over carribean beaches

Dan Im not much of an eye on this stuff,but I would bet a new shiny penny,that photo would make a great painting by Lumbard ??????????

You know, the guy that does the ghost/spirit paintings.

I can picture an older couple sitting there with a old wooked ceder boat tied to the dock.

Just my thought on that.

Edited by misfish

• 3 weeks later...

Great compositional photo. What makes it different from the usual land/sea scape is the way in which the line of view is broken. Instead of looking, normally, from bottom to top, toward the horizon line. The fog patch breaks right into the centre of focus and forces the eye to follow the horizontal lines through the entire frame.