Crappie fun!

Landlocked

Went away for a week to the Muskokas with my family and my 4 yr. old once again showed my why he calls himself the "Crappie Hunter"

He was using a slip float and Gulp leach that Jos @ Angling Outfitters set us up with...the Crappie loved em. Oh, the stringer was simply for the photo as he couldn't hang on to the "big and wiggly fish" by the lip. The fish was set free to live another day. Thought you guys would enjoy.

IMG_2229.jpg

How deep were these Crappie? If they were suspended, over how much water, if not what cover were they around?

I've never target them after the Spring, but wouldn't mind giving it a try with the neighbour's little girl...

Thanks

Garry2rs

Garry,

These fish were around a "beaver building" as he calls it in about 6 ft of water. We had the bait suspended about half way down and simply drifted along the shoreline. The weather was pretty cool with showers on and off so it may have just been good timing for us. I highly recommend the slip floats for young and old..they are a lot easier to cast and use than the traditional bobber.