Great Deal On Back Up Assist Camera

Garyv

I thought of purchasing on the these devices when I first saw them at CTC for $149.95. Figured it would be nice mounted on the door of the truck camper so I could see the boat behind.

backupcamera.jpg

Never did buy it so 4 days ago I checked at our local Sarnia Wal-Mart ( it's in the process of being liquidated mad moving to it's new 225000sq ft. location across the street) to see if they were on a liquidation sale. As of Monday they were $139.95 so I didn't get one. Yesterday ( Wednesday ) I was again in Sarnia and thought what the heck might as well check again. Well I'm happy I waited as they were reduced to $60 at the Sarnia store only, so hell yes I bought one. There is one limitation however, the LCD monitor will over heat if left on for about 2 hours according to the tech I questioned at the mfg. today. But still, you can turn it on and off as desired and for $60 I can put up with that.

Edited by Garyv

Leah bought me one for Christmas Gary (and she's pissed at your price!). I always hate when the boat goes over the hump of the ramp and I can't see it for the bed cover on the truck, or see much in the mirrors at that point. Was thinking of mounting it on the boat..flip a switch to turn the camera on before backing in.

Good to know about the 2 hours limit as there's nothing that says that you must turn it off..just plug in and go. The camera is supposed to be hooked to your back up lights..so it turns on and off as you select gears..which to me is nuts if you want to keep an eye on what's happening as you manouver into a tight spot.

Good to know about the 2 hours limit as there's nothing that says that you must turn it off..just plug in and go. The camera is supposed to be hooked to your back up lights..so it turns on and off as you select gears..which to me is nuts if you want to keep an eye on what's happening as you manouver into a tight spot.

Wayne, That last part about the back up lights in the instructions is what made me question it with the manufacturer.

:dunno: Wayne: check out the stores return policy. A lot of stores have a policy,that if an item goes on sale within 30 days,you can get a refund. At Zellers and Crapped out Tire.

Try it ,ya might like it :thumbsup_anim:

I bought my Columbia tent at CTC last winter for $250 and TWO MONTHS later it came on sale for $50 off, so I took my receipt to the store and got the $50 + tax handed back to me with a smile and a thank you........no questions asked. :)

Give it a try Wayne, all they can do is say no.