Lakair G 2 G

TJQ

I sent Kevin and Leslie an e-mail last Thursday requesting info on a cottage for the annual g2g and haven't heard anything as of yet. Does anyone know if they are home or on vacation .

I may just have to call them

Thanks

You're better off just calling. When I booked they only had one 2bdr on the back of the property and the bigger cottages on the water.

-Brian

I think I speak for everyone when I say...

PLEASE LEAVE SOME WALLEYE FOR THE REST OF US!

-Brian

LOL...we dont have a boat...so maybe no one will offer spaces to us in theres....

Then again...we've had all our success from shore, so maybe ppl will take us on a boat to get us off the docks....haha.

I'd love to hook into a Muskie actually!!!!

Ok. It looks like I just about have permission to make the trip this year .... would coming alone. Looking at pulling in Tuesday or Wednesday late afternoon and leaving Sunday. This would be my first time at Lakair and don't know a soul (I need to fix that). I'd like some info on planning if anyone would like to drop me a PM sometime.

1). No camping gear - thought about getting a sleeping bag for the back of the truck. I have a cap on it, so I'd be out of the weather. For the campers ... how do you keep things in the cooler .... cold ? (Buy ice when needed ?)

2). No boat and was wondering what options I would have with teaming up with someone else or going together and renting one. Courious how this was done in past years, as I believe there are others in the same position I am.

3). What all we fishing for ? I have a good selection of pike and musky baits. Read a lot of reports about walleye fishing, but never done that.

4). Any other tips or advice would be appreciated.

Any info would be really appreciated and I'd love to make this trip, put some faces to the posts, and maybe learn a few things ... basically self-taught to this point.

Thanks to all ... in advance.

Cool - It looks like I just made 'Guide' status with this. (Not really)

Rich

Edited by Rich Clemens

Rich, it'd be great if you could join us this year and guaranteed you'll have an excellent time and meet some wondeful people.

You wouldn't be the 1st or last person to sleep in your truck, and there's a great restaurant right in the camp only 100 yards away for your meals, and ice is always available for your cooler.

Kevin has excellent cedar strip boats and motors available for rent, or you may even be able to share a boat with another OFNer who's travelling alone, which is often the case. Perhaps post a direct question here as far as sharing boats and expenses and you should be able to come up with something.

There may even be someone with an extra spot in a cabin you could share.

Pike and pickeral are very plentiful in June, but the muskies are more difficult to find that time of year.

You definetely want to make this trip though if at all possible.