Passport He!!???

pigeonfisher

two people ahead of me...

I've been in your position before for puter tech support (Canon). I remember putting the phone down, making dinner and eating it before someone picked up. Another time, I heard the "click"....got all excited....then another "click"....moron hung up on me. :angry:

Now that you are number 2...hopefully they can give you some good news!

i remember this past summer i was supposed to fly to Serbia, but thnx to my dad lol it got all complicating. On the day of the flight he looked at my passport for the first time, and he has possesion of it, and saw it expired!!! We moved the trip up 1 week, and got a brand new one made in a few days, its a mistake that shouldn't happen but could, so check passports at least 2 weeks before, haha...

The wife and I went to the Hamilton office in late Novemberwith all our paper worked filled out in advance and within 1.5 hours the papers were processed and we had our passports in our hand within 7 days, great customer service there I thought,

Now waiting for the cruise at the end of the month

On January 23rd of this month, anyone flying MUST have a passport...new US regulations. By 2008 (I think), people crossing the boarder by boat or car must have a passport.

Where is this info coming form in regards to crossing by boat, if I am fishing the Niagara Bar, and hit the US side with my american fishing liscence, will I need my passport on the boat with me, I do have it and it's up to date, would just like to clarify this, any links for this.

boston.

I think you will find that the current regulation coming into effect this January is for those traveling by commercial carrier only. Private trips come into play at a later date. As far as being in a boat and touching ( landing on ) US shore then you should either have a Nexus or I-68 on your personage. Without it US border services can impound the boat and you. That also will be changing to a passport or some yet to be determined piece of identification the same as with car travel later in the program.

Edited by Garyv

Someone I work with just told me today that she handed in her passport info about two weeks ago. Normally its a 10 day period to process but she said today she heard on radio that anyone who was submitted the passport application in the last two - three weeks should add 10-15 days to the original estimate they were given.

If you really want to see government action at it's finest... submitt a request for a social insurance card for a new born, pay the fee and wait for it to arrive. That's a long drawn out process in it's self... now, wait a year and still no card then try and get somebody... anybody to re-issue a card lost somewhere between the government and your mail box.

I couldn't believe how many letters/phone calls/emails etc... it took to finaly get the card. In total, we ended up waiting 18 months for my daughter's card.

HH

I got through and was not helped very well. Again, my mistake. I forgot to include my payment information on the form. My question simply was can I pay over the phone now so that my passport application doesn't get sent back.

it took her 15 minutes to say NO. I said...DANG...that is bad.

Ahh Well...

Someone I work with just told me today that she handed in her passport info about two weeks ago. Normally its a 10 day period to process but she said today she heard on radio that anyone who was submitted the passport application in the last two - three weeks should add 10-15 days to the original estimate they were given.

Any idea where this could be confirmed without waiting on hold for hours with the passport office.

We are leaving for the Dominican next Friday and still are waiting on the passports for the kids. Wouldn't be too concerned except that my ex did the application and sent their original birth certificates with the application so if they don't come, I don't know what ID we would be able to use. She applied on Dec 15 so hopefully I can find some sort of confirmation about delays etc.