Computer Problem

panfisherboy

i've been reading the boards but not yet to have posted on this site yet. will be posting more once the ice is ready. great fishing reports. can't wait to get out. the problem happened from the message board of whiteys simcoe adventures when some one posted check out this amazing site. and it told me to update windows media so i did and now the virus stuff won't go away scanning computer and says everything is fine???

yep it's brandon

Yep...as Rick says! ..and Hey Brandon...how ya been?

Todays biggest spam # (about 30 times) for us at home was email from postcard.com saying a family member has sent you a greeting card....and a VERY well written message body that would have you believing that is was like Blue mountain cards or similar sending you a birthday card. Good thing I checked it first... as it's Leah's Birthday today and she would have let the thing open.

Hint... If you ever have a link in an email place your cursor over it and then see what it really is on the bottom of your screen. The message link will look like a normal address...but what appears at the bottom of your screen will show the spoof address and generally a .exe if it's a phishing/spyware application.

when you goto a no existant web site where does it take you? ie if you goto www.OFNMessageBoard.com does it give you a google search page or a 404 error? or does it take you to some strange search portal? my roomate had a proxie server running on his machine that would redirect him to some strange places when hitting a site that wasnt up or nonexistant