Killbear Provincial Park Fishing

frozen-fire

Guest Johnny Bass

I went up there wayyyyyy back and the fishing was tough from shore. There was a local pond that everyone was fishing.Only a few pike to show. Your better off traveling around. Lots of good lakes in the area. Check out Manitouwabing.

Edited by Johnny Bass

No matter what camiing trip your on always bring your fishin stuff like others said you can always take a short drive to a new place .

Nothing worse than not bringing your gear and you discover a new honey hole or worse yet your camping neighbor shows up with wack of fish.

A friend of mine camps there regularly. He's not a fisherman, but tells me when he takes his canoe, lots of the lakes are crystal clear because unfortunately they are "dead" lakes. Go searching...stuff on the net it pretty scarce for this area....wish I had more info for you.

I've camped at Killbear a few times and althought it's one of my favourite place to camp, there are limited fishing opportunities from shore( as others have stated ). Checking out other lakes in the area or rivers with some access may be a bit more productive. In town( Parry Sound ), I remember there's a lumber( or hardware )store and right behind it there's a river. We'd fish it for bass so maybe check it out too. Good luck and good hunting.

The last time I was there, a guy was catching rainbows from shore...casting a spinner of one of the long rocky points. He was doing well early in the morning, and I would venture to say it was not this late in the summer....we did go swimming, so I would say it was probably June.

Other than that, DEFinitely take a look at google maps and see if you can't spec out any drive-to lakes...tons of good fishing in the general area.

I was out last wednesday. I rented a boat from a marina down dilon road ( keep heading straight at the y split to kill bear ) I was targeting musky but only had a 6 pound pike and a sun burn to show for 6 hours fishing. The rental was $100 for the day and half days could only be between set times. The best spot I found is right ahead of the marina look for a shell sighn on the rocks. There are some big rock reefs with weeds at the ends down 10-15 feet. Tuff water to fish! Good luck.

Was up there for the may 24 weekend and caught a couple of pike along the shore. What we did was we walked all along the shoreline casting spoons and Husky Jerks. The pike were caught where the shore curves into small bays.

Good luck the scenery is nice up there.

At a new lake I always bring a wide assortment of stuff including weights. I also bring my diving mask. The first day I'll have a few beers around dinner time and watch the water. Then I get up in the morning with my coffee and do the same thing. Next I will take a look around underwater and finally I will talk to anyone who is fishing the area. Don't forget to do a google search of the name of the body of water that looks most promising. I also search sites like this one. Perhaps someone has posted a report in the past.

Edited by scuro

• 11 years later...

Yeah, no kidding, I remember reading this The first time around. Weird thing is I can’t remember to put the garbage out when the wife tells Me the night before. And now I’m   Fat...what the hell?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2