My Introduction

skevys

My name is Ron and I own Skevy’s Outdoor Specialities in Belleville Ontario. I specialize in fishing only. I don’t bother with hunting for two reasons. #1- My knowledge for hunting is about zero. I use to hunt years ago but with my 12 month a year addiction to fishing I couldn’t find time to hunt. . #2- There is three other stores in Belleville that cater to hunting and all of them are great at what they do. .I couldn’t compete against these experts if I tried to so why bother. My expertise is fishing. So for the mean time I’ll stick to what I know and love doing.

I have fished for over 45 years and I’m still open minded enough to listen and learn from others, this I believe is half the fun. Fishing is not a passion but an ADDICTION to me. I MUST fish 12 months a year. This is the only way that I can come up with to show you how serious I am about fishing. Trolling, ice fishing, jigging, down rigging, fly-fishing, float fishing(centre pin reels) , bottom bouncing , casting , flipping and pitching , I love doing it all.

I have been open for 1 year and 9 months now and my stock for walleye and bass fishing is growing quite big. My stock for all other species is growing very nicely. The locals that get around tell me that I have the best selection in and around the area. I’m involved in a deal at this time that when it goes together my store will be jammed with everything that attributes to fishing.

My fly-fishing has taken off. I have been working with the Canadian Fly Fisher magazine and we have done a lot of hard work and now I’m the biggest from Oshawa all the way to Ottawa. I now have a fly club that is growing very rapidly. When the gals and guys approached me about starting a club I told them that this was fine with me but there are going to be two rules. #1- there will be no club fees to pay , this way I don’t have to have a board to account for money. Secondly I don’t want to sit around and only tie flies and talk about it I want to go out and fish also. (They agreed.) We meet every second week on Wednesday night at the store one week we tie flies and tell fish stories and the second week we go out to fish. Since they put me in charge of the outings I have made sure that we fish different waters and for different spices. We fish for all spices . Muskey , pike , walleye , bass , trout , pan fish , any and all.

Lastly I should mention that I have the best guides working with me in the area for all species and I also guide my-self. So if your interested don’t hesitate to call, we will put you on fish. My Store # is 613-969-1035

My full intentions are to give you all fishing reports and others on a continued basis. The last time I went onto a new board I had a lot of inquiries of who , what , where and why , so hopefully this intro will answer all of your questions.

Best to all ………..Ron

:thumbsup_anim: Welcome to the board ... you might want to get together with Sam from Carrara Outdoors ... he is a member on this board and also in Belleville... he moved there from Burlington just last year... Pull up a chair and stay a while... watch for the Guy in the Pink TUTU :w00t: ... he say's he's the boss but we all know that Monique is.. Right T.J :angel: .... I mean BOSS :devil::angel:

welcome abaord ron,you will fit right in with all of us addicts,i have fishing on the brain 24-7,man it never ends,and i fish for everything thats swims, :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim: glad to hear you are a tackle shop owner,maybe i will stop in 1 day on the way by,i usually fish out of picton,or the ferry so it wouldnt take much to stop by,well enjoy this amazing board and all the great people on it. we love fishing reports & pics,so make sure ya contribute...chat later......cheers :thumbsup_anim::D

Hey Ron.

Its about time you got on this board.I know the guys and gals on here will apreciate your reports on whats happening in our little slice of fishing heaven.

Maybe I'll stop in on my way to work to chew the fat.

TTFN

Wes

Edited by duber

I had the pleasure of meeting Ron once two summers ago.I was pre- fishing for a tournament in Belleveville and had somewhat of freak accident.While coming up on pad and just reaching full throttle I jumped the the wake of a cruise boat which had just passed by in front of me. The wave was not overly large or threatening in any way but the the slight impact was enough to deploy my bowmount trolling motor in the down position. I immediately throttled down and went to the front to raise the motor and was shocked to see only a few wires hanging below the head of the otherwise intact electric motor.It had sheared cleanly off.So much for the unbreakable composite shaft that this particular brand has been well known for.Calling it a day at this point, my partner and I decided we would not be unable to fish the tournament in the morning without the motor especially because of the 25 to 35 km. winds which were forecast for that day.Dissapointedly we prepared for the quiet ride home and headed out.As we were leaving we decided to stop at a small plaza for something to eat and noticed of all things what looked like a tackle store.I don't think I have ever passed one by without at least having a look. We went inside and introduced ourselves and spoke of our mishap.During this conversation Ron surprisingly offered to lend us a trolling motor with the only condition being that we return it the same way that it was when we had borrowed it. His reason for this simply was that someone had helped him out in a tough spot before and he felt that this was his chance to do the same. Anyway to make a long story short we went on to fish the tournament the next day and finished in 19th place. Not enough to win a cheque but nonetheless we would not have been able to compete without this favour. Sir you are a true gentleman.