Shipping Boat California to Toronto

musky_man

I am looking at a boat that is in California (18 feet plus the trailer) and if I can find a way to get it to Toronto safely and in one piece, then I might buy it.

Anyone here have any experience in this regard or have any connections that could help out?

Feedback ... comments .... all appreciated.

Mark

why all the way from california? Is it legit? There are so many scams that tells you the boat is in the states and stuff.

Personally don't have experience in this but the cost just doesn't seem to justify it even if it is for real. But it probably can be done ... fitting it into a tractor trailer and ship it over?

Mark, I was in a similar situation and had to leave a genuine amazing deal behind as I could not get an 18 1/2' boat here economically from Oregon. Because of fuel surcharges which have become absurd I could not get it here for less than $5000.00! Short of taking a week or two and driving out there I don't have a solution. Even at that, assuming 6,000 miles you are talking about $2,000.00 + alone for fuel plus hotels and food...........would add at least another $1,000.00

$5000 to ship a boat? You can get a car trucked cross country for under 2k..

Buying in the US is definitely the way to go, we saved over $12000 on my dads '07 2500HD Duramax...

Just as many boat deals as there are car/truck deals.

Although finding one a bit closer shouldn't be an issue.

No real answer here, sorry:

There are no details on the price of the boat or its type, maybe this is a great deal. Maybe the posters trusted uncle is selling a boat.

soooooo, to put things is perspective, whats the deal?

forrest

PS make sure the trailer is clear of all leins and is being sold legally before its journey starts. How about making the owner responsible for getting it across the boarder?

Edited by forrest

$5000 to ship a boat? You can get a car trucked cross country for under 2k..

Buying in the US is definitely the way to go, we saved over $12000 on my dads '07 2500HD Duramax...

Just as many boat deals as there are car/truck deals.

Although finding one a bit closer shouldn't be an issue.

Not anymore Bill....I spent a week on it.

Thanks for all your feedback.

I do have concerns about scams and I would need to arrange with the seller on how/when the funds are transferred.

Even if I had to spend 2Gs to have to sent, I'd still be ahead considerably.

Anyway, the seller is supposed to be back home today and I'll be able to get more details.

Thanks for the feedback.

personally, i wouldn't.

there are so many boats readily available i would avoid this at all costs. even if the guy is legit, boats aren't cheap and i can't afford to get scammed.

i'd search closer to ontario if not somewhere in canada atleast

just MO

is it a newer boat , you could be dealing with rotton floors transoms stringers if its glass ,Bad osmosis blisters,have you ever had experience with an engine ran in salt water,after a few yrs you cant get the bolts outta them,unless ya drove down and picked it up personally id walk away from it ,or atleast checked it over or paid for the survey then id have no trouble shipping it,anyhow good luck

Thanks for all your feedback.

I do have concerns about scams and I would need to arrange with the seller on how/when the funds are transferred.

Even if I had to spend 2Gs to have to sent, I'd still be ahead considerably.

Anyway, the seller is supposed to be back home today and I'll be able to get more details.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mark,

The boat that I was considering on the west coast was new from a dealer. I would be VERY cautious about buying anything used that I couldn't see or try before I bought.