Beef Jerky

FinS

I don't make mine in a dehydrator so I'm not sure what different materials you would need, but this is what I use.

Beef Brisket

Soy Sauce

Worchestershire sauce

Garlic

Onion powder

Liquid Smoke

Pepper

Beer

Sometimes I add teriyaki sauce too.

If you want to know the exact recipe, just PM me.

Joey

i put just about anything in jerky recipes, pretty much what joey listed

for the panfishers out there try fish jerky it's great, i've done it with perch fillets

usually sliced in half to make them thinner sprinkle with pepper ( i like lots) and dehydrate

a buddy of mine tried with lemon pepper, was alright(i'm not a fan of lemon)

I use most of the items in Joey's recipe. One thing I do is sub in lite soy instead of regular soy (cuts the sodium and I can't taste the difference).

Also I add some red wine vinegar to taste.

I addition I would add lots of fresh cracked pepper and some tabasco sauce or chili powder. The crack pepper sticks to final product for some extra zing.

Also I balance the sour with the sweet of Maple syrup, Orange juice, brown sugar or Pinaeapple juice (I thinki got that from someone here)

Lately thought I have also splashed in 2 -3 ounces of Scotch at the end. It gives it a unique taste. I tried Rum in another batch but wasn't as immpressed.

Once mixed I put the sliced meat in a big freezer bag and fill with marinade. Seal it and remove all the air. Roll it around some and put in the fridge for 24 -48 hours.

When it's done pour out the marinade and then give the bag a good squeeze to get the residual marinade out. The meat is then put it in the dehydrator. 6 hours and she's done. Mmmmmm

I make a lot of jerky.I usually use deer meat as the fat content is low.Marinate overnite in the fridge.Remove and pat dry with a paper towell.My recipe is much like Joey's but I dont care for liquid smoke much.The last couple of batches I used Mcormicks Jamacain jerk marinade..nothing else.It was great for a change of pace!Good luck and enjoy!!!

Joe

I made jerky for years and fianlly have it down to a science!! I smoke mine all the time. I make mine sweet and the trick is to keep it moist cus not many people like it too dry. Ive sold a lot of jerky and once u get a good batch people will be wanting to buy it!! At one time i had batches sold before they were made it was crazy but i gave it up for a year but might start up soon! They wanted it soo bad it was like a drug!!! they needed it ha ha ha!

im with daplumma on this one as far as the deer. i used to make it from the slices of meat, and this year i went the easy way and ground it all into burger. i bought one of those little caulk gun deals at wal-mart(jerky works) bought the season packets at bass pro for about 4 dollars/4 lbs and then add some pepper corns and a little coors light to mix in with the season packets. its a whole lot faster and i think its easier to eat than the sliced strips. you dont have to marinate over night or anything, just mix and paste out on the dehydrator sheet.

i used to cut thin slices and marinate i always used

soy souce

moores steak marinade

hot sauce

a dash of liquid smoke

coors light( what we didnt drink while slicing)

salt

pepper corns or

montreal seasoning

marinate in freezer bag over night and put on the tray the next day.

jason

Definatly road kill over beef, any or all on top of the usuall..cider instead of wine, bay leaf or 2, lemon basil, oregano and juniper berries.

You can put just about anything in the brine and the meat will absorb the flavour of whatever it touches.

I supose you can use liquid smoke if you use a dehidrator but its just so not right to a smoker.

Mike ...salt is a preservative.