Joey, Joey, Joey!

Roy

Hey Folks,

Just took a close look at the "fine print" for this contest. The online voting portion is only used to award secondary prizes. As for the awarding of the grand prize (the boat), WFN selects 10 top entries, and then a panel of four industry types chooses the eventual winner from that list, based on the criteria of the contest.

So, although getting Joey into the number one spot would certainly get her a secondary prize, I don't think it's the boat as most of us think. (I certainly didn't until I poured through the page of rules...)

Good luck, Joey - may the best angler win!

WINNER SELECTION AND ODDS: The selection process for the Grand Prizes from the eligible entries received will be held in Toronto, Ontario on or about August 11, 2008.

A) GRAND PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize is available to be won by entrants whose TSP is Rogers. One (1) Grand Prize is available to be won by entrants whose TSP is not Rogers. The Grand Prizes shall be awarded as follows:

I Non Rogers TSP: The top 10 entries as selected by WFN received from entrants whose TSP is not Rogers will be evaluated using the following criteria: (i) originality, (ii) creativity, (iii) innovativeness, and (iv) overall persuasiveness of the entry (each a “Criterion” and collectively, the “Criteria”). Each Criterion will be weighted equally. These 10 semi-finalists will then be reviewed by a panel of four (4) industry experts selected by WFN and the winner will be chosen based on the Criteria. The odds of an entry being selected by the judging panel depend on the number and the caliber of entries received.

II Rogers TSP: The top 10 entries as selected by WFN from entrants whose TSP is Rogers will be evaluated using the Criteria. All Each Criterion will be weighted equally. These 10 semi-finalists will then be reviewed by a panel of four (4) industry experts selected by WFN and the winner will be chosen based on the Criteria. The odds of an entry being selected by the judging panel depend on the number and the caliber of entries received.

B) SECONDARY PRIZES: Three (3) Secondary Prizes are available to be won by entrants whose TSP is Shaw. One (1) Secondary Prize is available to be won by entrants whose TSP is Eastlink. One (1) Secondary Prize is available to be won by entrants whose TSP is Cogeco. Three (3) Secondary Prizes are available to be won by entrants whose TSP is not Shaw, Eastlink or Cogeco. The Secondary Prizes will be awarded as follows:

The top three (3) entries from Shaw subscribers, the top one (1) entry from an EastLink subscriber, the top one (1) entry from a Cogeco subscriber and the top three (3) entries from all other subscribers, as determined by the public based on online voting will be eligible to win a Secondary Prize. The odds of an entry being selected for a Secondary Prize depend on the number and the caliber of entries received.

On-line voting: Subject to the Criteria, entries submitted by the entry methods described in Sections 3(A) and 3(B) will be posted on the WFN website at the following address: www.wfn.tv/adopt within three (3) business days of being received by WFN. Once posted, members of the public will have the opportunity to vote for those entries which they feel are most deserving of being awarded a Prize. Only one (1) vote per email address per twenty-four (24) hour period will be permitted. If it is discovered that a voter voted more than the permissible number of times or if there is reason to believe that the voting under this Contest has otherwise been technically manipulated (as determined by WFN in its sole discretion), all of the votes by such voter will be void and the entry for which such voter has voted may be disqualified from the Contest without notice. All decisions of WFN in regards to the foregoing shall be binding and final.

Online voting will close on August 10, 2008 at 11:59 p.m. and the online votes will be counted on August 11, 2008. Within two (2) business days from the final tally of votes, the selected entrant for each Secondary Prize may be notified either by: (i) an initial telephone call during regular business hours (EST) at the home telephone number or mobile number recorded at the time of entry or (ii) an email at the address provided at the time of entry. If any selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days from the time of initial contact, an alternative entrant may be selected until such time as a selected entrant satisfies the terms of this section.

Good Fishing,

Justin

yeah

we figured that out a few days back

but even a secondary prize would be nice

I just wanted to see if OFC had enough members to win any contest on the net...so far it looks like we are number 8...LOL

yeah

here I have been killing time on the #8 board when there are 7 bigger ones, I'd better start looking

just kidding.........LOL

I know a few in the top 7 are using facebook and kijiji to get more votes. I hope Joey makes the top 3 as well. I'm sure she could put a $250 gift certificate to good use.

Cheers,

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Who couldn't? :whistling:

A $250 gift certificate would be nice for anyone to win, but i've got my eye on the big prize. :whistling: If i don't win, then i hope another deserving and truly deprived member of this board wins.

Cheers,

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

I just want Joey to get to the point where she can get to talk to them and then let them make the choice I know Joey will do us right by OFC standerds and I would be proud of knowing that she made it through I also like the idea that they will not take #1 as it looks liek some one else might be that person top 10 is great 3 would be better.

Facebook I guess I should send out to some contacts about this for JOEY now if we all sent this to our facebook friends here we go.