structure without weeds?

laopi

Most of Rice Lake is only six foot deep and shallower to begin with not to say that there isn't deep water because there is, a lot off the islands will have deeper weed beds off off them that don't quite reach the shallower water that will hold LM, smallmouth and walleye.

Just my opinion but I really don't see the need to fish any deeper than six foot for the LM on Rice, now the smallmouth are a different story although they can be caught out of shallow water also early and late.

Good Luck!

Well if someone threw a pizza by me i would be sure to grab it, no matter what time of day. or a beer. :whistling:

I agree with that statement 100% mmmmm pizza!!!! However I have seen one day when I watched in utter disbelief followed by anxiety, which quickly turned to anger, that begot dismay and finally acceptance that NOT ONE of those 60 to 70 2lb plus smallies swimming around my offer of live leeches, crayfish or minnows were going to bite.

It was surreal to say the least. I have NEVER seen a bass that will not at least stop and take a look at a live leech or crayfish before or SINCE but it happened that one day. I was just shocked and if someone had of told me it happened to them before it happened to me I would have laughed and told them they just didn't know what they were doing. But there were 10 guys there that day some of whom I would put against any angler anywhere for being able to get fish on the line just gawking the same as I was. Valuble lesson learned somedays it just ain't going to happen...

Edited by Canuck2fan

I agree with that statement 100% mmmmm pizza!!!! However I have seen one day when I watched in utter disbelief followed by anxiety, which quickly turned to anger, that begot dismay and finally acceptance that NOT ONE of those 60 to 70 2lb plus smallies swimming around my offer of live leeches, crayfish or minnows were going to bite.

It was surreal to say the least. I have NEVER seen a bass that will not at least stop and take a look at a live leech or crayfish before or SINCE but it happened that one day. I was just shocked and if someone had of told me it happened to them before it happened to me I would have laughed and told them they just didn't know what they were doing. But there were 10 guys there that day some of whom I would put against any angler anywhere for being able to get fish on the line just gawking the same as I was. Valuble lesson learned somedays it just ain't going to happen...

May they were indeed waiting for pizza!!!!!!