OT - Telemarketers from Collingwood

charlesn

Just wondering if anyone knew of a way to block a set of numbers from being able to call you. I get half dozen calls a day from 1-705-444-XXXX (1366, 2886 and others i believe). I try answering half the time to tell them to take me off their calling list, but there is no response. Just a hang up only to be followed up by another call later.

It is some resort:

Law Cranberry Resort Ltd

19 First St

Collingwood, ON L9Y 1A1

According to Google, and there are actually quite a few people being harassed by these folks, but does not seem to be any way to prevent it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles

Only thing I know of is the old "a fax machine keeps calling me" routine.

Call repair services at 611, tell them some computer keeps dialing your # and you've been unable to get hold of a human to fix the problem. They'll fill out a form, someone'll throw a switch, and that # won't be able to call you again. Doesn't cost anything.

One of the very few reasons to use Bell, they have the services to deal with these situations. Call them up and ask for a number blocking service/feature. They also have a feature that you can manually block individual numbers yourself, or block numbers that don't have call detail information, and pre-screen callers without call detail information before the call gets through to you. Anyhow they have an array of feature or services to deal with this, mind you it will cost you, but its not a lot and well worth it if it bothers you enough.

One of the very few reasons to use Bell, they have the services to deal with these situations. Call them up and ask for a number blocking service/feature. They also have a feature that you can manually block individual numbers yourself, or block numbers that don't have call detail information, and pre-screen callers without call detail information before the call gets through to you. Anyhow they have an array of feature or services to deal with this, mind you it will cost you, but its not a lot and well worth it if it bothers you enough.

Have fun paying 15 cents per text, including Telemarketers

If they call at dinnertime, I tell them I've been meaning to buy one, can they please hang on while I go get a pen and paper....then we eat dinner...I check in with them at the 15 min mark...found a pen....looking for paper...sorry...I find them entertaining, they've stopped calling once they get that treatment and I have the satisfaction of wasting their time (hopefully at long distance rates)...cranberry resorts nice, I've stayed there...but they build about a million more units than needed and they spamalot.

A couple of times after being annoyed about these calls I did a bit of research on Google. I googled the number and out popped a whole bunch of information about the telemarketer company using that line. I promptly called them and told them to take me off their list. Calls stopped.

If they call at dinnertime, I tell them I've been meaning to buy one, can they please hang on while I go get a pen and paper....then we eat dinner...I check in with them at the 15 min mark...found a pen....looking for paper...sorry...I find them entertaining, they've stopped calling once they get that treatment and I have the satisfaction of wasting their time (hopefully at long distance rates)...cranberry resorts nice, I've stayed there...but they build about a million more units than needed and they spamalot.

Im going to implement this routine!