Musky and Bass

fishnsled

Report one - Musky

After chewing up the prop a few weeks ago I've been playing around with a couple of others. Phone calls to a couple of places and what to do to get the boat running better with the new props. After some tweaks it's finally there. Thanks to Andrew at the Prop Drop in Lindsay and John at Kawartha Prop repair. Now not being sure how much fishing I'd get in I went solo in hopes that not to much time would be spent on the prop. I managed to get a couple of hours in and went to one on my favourite Kawartha spots. In a couple of hours I had 1 one and lost it, 2 follows and then boated 2.

I had just thrown a cast when I heard this big splash behind me. After working my bait back I fired a cast in the direction of the splash. Jerk, jerk, jerk - The bait not me! :angry: Fish on!! First one to the boat and the hook popped out nice and easy.

firstone.jpg

I worked my way back on to the edge and fired my next cast. Jerk, jerk, jerk - don't even think it. :glare: SPLASH! I reel like crazy to catch up with the bait and set the hook! 2 casts, 2 muskies. The second one put on a bit of a show and after a couple quick shots it was back to be caught another day.

secondonesplash.jpg

glimmerofmuskie.jpg

muskieholdup.jpg

I fished for a bit more and felt what I thought was some weeds but came in with this.

sunfish.jpg

I think it was trying to mate with my reefhawg.

At this point there was a heck of a storm making it's way in so I called it a day.

Report 2 - Bassin'

Short and sweet. My flyin fishing trip buddies Ken and Gerry joined me for the day on Sunday. The bite was pretty good but all were smaller fish. We boat about 18-20 largemouth and smallmouth bass with Gerry smoking Ken and I with the secret bait - a mepps spinner. Note to self - find your mepps and bring them out next time.

Here's Gerry with one of his buckets.

Gerryandhiscatch.jpg

That's all for now but the Mikwam flyin report is just about done. Just waiting on some pictures from the other guys. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the replies....I think. :D We'll see if we can be a couple of jerks and catch a couple of pigs tomorrow Cliff. :thumbsup_anim:

Joey - That lure may be rude but the fish seem to like it that way. :whistling:

HH - If the people keep passing by, leave my areas alone and I'm catching fish, I can be a jerk for a few hours. :P

Report one - Musky

I reel like crazy to catch up with the bait and set the hook! 2 casts, 2 muskies.

Heyyyy, now there's the way to do it Will, 2 casts, 2 muskies

No sense messing around and wasting too much energy :thumbsup_anim:

Great fish'n tale Will, thanks for passing that one on to us !! :Gonefishing:

Milkwarm run...?????????....Tell me about it!

Will,

2 casts. 2 lunge?????????

Wasn't Balsam was it?

That day is still re-playing through my skull.......\

I'd never seen so many large fish so close and not catch one....

You did, about 3-4 I'm thinking.....dANG ...Well,...Will,

I picked myself up some of them BullDawgs...'speciallly the coloured ones you used and have yet to try them but I will......Next time we get out .

Truly happy you got the Prop situation worked out......Exellent.

Nice report and thnx for the pics.

Edited by brickNblock