Port Credit anglers rescue deer

Benthook

Hat's off to the good ol' Ontario fisherman steppin up to the plate~! ;)

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/449503

A struggling male deer was spotted in Lake Ontario by a charter boat on June 25, 2008. Angler John Ozolins and a friend towed it to safety by its antlers.

f47a62cd4b6793531cb5a977a992.jpg

Edited by Benthook

2nd on the freezer idea.......What the hell is a deer doing in Lake Ontario off of Port Credit? Shows you the over abbundance of them in the city. Can't wait for hunting season!!!! Too bad we could never get an in town archery season :)

Get this. Now the Peel Marine head honcho in the Mississauga News says they were going to serve as 'backup'.

http://www.mississauga.com/article/16025

That's a crock of Bull. I was the other angler with with ole Grouper Trouper and we clearly heard over the radio talk the Peel Marine guy saying they weren't coming to help. He was talking about things happening in nature and waste of time kinda crap. Guess the cop who took the call is telling the boss something different to keep outta trouble.

Should maybe change their motto from "To serve and Protect" to something more accurate like "To tell fibs to cover our lazy butts" :clapping:

When police tell fibs about the little things..... what about the big things?!?! <_<

What a Crock of Bull for Sure!

"To Serve and Protect" our coffee and donuts maybe be more truthfull

SHAMEFULL Response!!!

good on those guys for taking the lead---!!!

we have lodged a formal complaint

Tight Lines!

What a Crock of Bull for Sure!

"To Serve and Protect" our coffee and donuts maybe be more truthfull

SHAMEFULL Response!!!

good on those guys for taking the lead---!!!

we have lodged a formal complaint

Tight Lines!

Formal complaint about what not rescuing a freaking deer

comon the deer was stupid it should have drowned (circle of life crap) and the last time I checked deer arent high on a marine responce list of things to do

if you want to complain maybe launch one about idiots with their lights out at night trolling now that would be worth a responce!!!!!!

When I do something illegal like lasso deer on LO I like to keep it out of the paper and I sure don't call the cops for help.

When a deer goes for a swim it doesn't make it open season on them, I'm sure there has been a discussion at MNR about laying charges.

I'll give the guys some credit, they were there and I wasn't but any deer is going to look distressed and confused when you pull up to it in a boat.

When I found one 3 or 4 miles out in LO , first thought was to call in a notice to other boaters to watch out for it but on second thought I didn't want anybody coming to rescue it, so we left her to enjoy her swim.

Cable 10 at 10pm is apparently going to air something about it maybe with MNR input. Haven't been summonsed yet Polywog, but just maybe.. :rolleyes: ... I don't mind if you called the MNR tips hotline on us. Maybe there's a reward and you'll be famous. You should call MNR and ask to speak with a CO in person. Share your insights. Bet they show their appreciation.

Hey Speil/Chris don't give the marine unit any ideas! They may use a made-up road kill to try and further Bull their way outta the fib they told. Maybe they can find a volunteer from coast guard to write the position statement. I think there's a fella here stickin up for his colleages who might want a go at that.

No worries Cisco I wouldn't rat you out if you tied an anchor round its neck, but you guys have ratted yourselves out already.

I have a few eating my beans and peas that Ive determined need brain surgery, the poor things, I'll hold em down while you operate, just don't tell anybody..

yet another case of humans thinking they know whats best for wildlife. its almost as pathetic as people that interfere with simple things like saving a mouse or taking home a baby rabbit that was "lost". many people think they know whats best for the animal when they really should have stayed back and not get involved. animals are programmed to do certain things to better their herd, flock, etc and when humans get involved they mess up what was suppose to happen.

deer are damn good swimmers and maybe it could have made it, maybe not. the deer sure had a good reason to head that way if it tried going back again and they shoulda left it alone.

hopefully the deer is still around in the fall to give someone the chance to turn him into pepperettes :thumbsup_anim:

Guest skeeter99

should have just left the animal be

it went into the water for a reason, if it dies so it be

maybe that deer had the brain worm that are killing deer and moose and now it is free to spread even more since nature was trying to take it course

ontario is way over populated with deer anyway, the herd is way to big and

here at my work on progress ave in scarborough about 3 mins east of the scrborough town centre there was a bloody deer in the parking lot, quite a sight for downtown scarberia

:canadian: Guess the old expression is absolutely correct... "No good deed shall go unpunished" :stretcher:

Seems a scant few possibly biased :rolleyes: 'people' here have purposely missed the real issue. The real issue now......isn't the value-judgement based determination of whether the rescue was warranted... on that 'to each his own'. :blahblah1: What's done is done. Can't change the past.

The real issue is... what to do about police-agency staff telling untruths concerning their actions or lack thereof. <_<

That is the issue under scrutiny. All the rest of the :blahblah1: simply amounts to 'putting up straw dogs'.

Marine police seemed to have misconstrued the facts surrounding their involvement in the event. To anyone here that should be seen as unacceptable conduct.

Conduct which seems to be on the path to correction. :clapping: