Fishing spots in durham region

kevinboxall

welcome to the board . Have you picked up the fishing regulations book yet? there is info in there that may give you tips on where to start. If you are a carp fisherman you can try where the Rouge River meets lake ontario, also try going into some local fishing stores (Tightlines in Pickering) and ask them where to start. good luck.

in Ajax there isn't a whole lot... the closest spot would be Duffin's Creek. near the mouth, in the marsh area (back bays), you can get lots of carp and catfish, i have caught a couple bass and pike there as well. up the river in the spring you can get rainbow trout, and in the fall you can get salmon.

the closest lake (aside from Lake Ontario) is Lake Scugog near Port Perry. you can get panfish (crappies, perch, bluegills, pumpkinseeds, rockbass), bass, walleye, muskie, carp, catfish.

PM me if you want to meet up sometime... we're living in the same town!

Edited by gone_fishin

• 8 months later...

Try WILMOT CREEK in NEWCASTLE BOWMANVILLE CREEK north of the dam OSHAWA CREEK in the middle of town ..

2 SALMON RUNS SPRING AND FALL steelheads also two runs smallies some pike brown trout .No closed season on anything south of hiway 2 used to be south of CNR right of way.Check regulations book (gagnon sports)for special fishing opportunitys area 17 :clapping:

foolinfish

Welcome to the board.

I have a publication/map (looks like a folded map) that was done by Durham Tourism (1998).

It has all of the spots and types of fish species with illustrations and type of food they like, lures to use and peak season etc. very comprehensive little guide.

I've had it for years because of my tourism connections. :angel:

I'm not sure if they still have them but it's worth a try,

If you want to contact them here is the info

Tourisn Durham

PO Box 623 Whitby ON L1N 6A3

Tel 905 723.0023 or 1800.413.0017

• 2 years later...

Try WILMOT CREEK in NEWCASTLE BOWMANVILLE CREEK north of the dam OSHAWA CREEK in the middle of town ..

2 SALMON RUNS SPRING AND FALL steelheads also two runs smallies some pike brown trout .No closed season on anything south of hiway 2 used to be south of CNR right of way.Check regulations book (gagnon sports)for special fishing opportunitys area 17 :clapping:

foolinfish

Before listening to this guy please check the regulations as to where you can and cannot fish.