Sudbury Fishing Locations (shore fishing)

0liver

Guys, a few of us heading up to Sudbury for the weekend for a wedding from Hamilton, and we have Saturday morning free and want to do some fishing (all catch and release). So, I am asking, where is the best place to do some shore fishing for pike within the Sudbury area?

Thanks in advance!

0llie

:Gonefishing:

Lake Ramsey, Robinson Lake, Kelly Lake, Bennett Lake. are all within your reach..

Best best is to use Google Earth or a decent Map and decide how far you are willing to travel..

But you're best bet is Lake Ramsey.

G

Find Science North on Ramsey. There's a marina and boat launch close by. You can find some nice rocky drop offs close at hand to fish from shore and I've caught pike, walleye and bass there. Kelly Lake is home to the sewage treatment plant. You don't want to fish there as it smells!

Find Science North on Ramsey. There's a marina and boat launch close by. You can find some nice rocky drop offs close at hand to fish from shore and I've caught pike, walleye and bass there. Kelly Lake is home to the sewage treatment plant. You don't want to fish there as it smells!

He is from Hamilton and has probably fished the Grand River! Little difference LOL

G

Edited by Gerritt

You've caught eyes there?! I've caught nothing but diddly!! That lake holds all kinds though. Maybe my chi was thrown off cause of exams and girls..

yyyeeeee

HD

I am from the Creek... I always see guys from the hammer on here. Glad to know we have a contingent here!

I think I am gonna give bell park and by the science centre a try... are there any other good spots around Lake Ramsey for shore fishing?

Thanks

Hey dude,

Wish I could help you out - most local lakes that I fish back home are off the beaten trail, walk-in or quad-in type lakes. There's no way I could explain how to get there without taking you out. I have a few bass lakes that are easy to get to but that won't help you at this time of year.

Believe it or not, growing up in suds, I never really fished a whole lot locally. My old man and I used to always drive a couple hours away to our fav. fishing holes. I've got 1 really good pike lake 40 minutes from downtown but the only way in with a car is through private property, and you'd have to rent a cabin (which are most likely already booked).

Good luck!

UF

On a side note - Kelly lake does hold pike, and if the wind is right there's no smell at all! :D Used to be some gators in there years ago but I haven't fished it since I was probably 15. There's not a whole lot of pressure on that lake for obvious reasons, so there must be some biggun's in there still...if you're willing to brave possibly being down-wind.