Diawa Procaster 100 HN baitcaster question

Black_Blade

Just picked this reel up from a buddy, who decided he didn't want to use baitcasters. I have googled the model hoping to find some specs for it, but not much luck. Diawa is a good name, so I'm sure its a good reel, just wondering what the line rating is for it, the retrieve speed etc. Reel is about two years old, so hoping somebody may also have one and know some info about it.

10# mono is good for bass. PowerPro 30# for jig&pig weeds. Reels ok, dont overfill it & put tension on the line when you fill the reel.

I'm not up on the whole history of procaster but i can tell you it's a good series that's been around a while. I think the procaster was updated maybe a year or two ago in red, i believe. They're all good sellers, not the the best reel but not bad. Off the top of my head, the most expensive procaster model would be around $100. They're like ABU Garcia C3, C4, C5 casting reels, no flash, no super refined features, not expensive, just solid worhorse reels.

I had one that I loved throwing spinnerbaits with, until Mr. Muskie decided to peel some line, causing a little plastic part inside to melt.

The reel was at Angling Specialties in Concord for 4 months while he got the replacement part. It works good now though.

Setting the reel up with a 6 1/2 foot medium rod be best? I read somewheres about matching up lure weights that you will be using, but honestly...I don't know what alot of the lure weights are for my soft plastics and jerkbaits etc.

Turns out that I found a review of the reel, but not when I typed in the model name of the reel...got nothing but eBay ads for that, when I type in Mag Force-boom-find a review...lol.

Procaster Review

Now just too bad that my other baitcaster has seemingly grown legs, can't find it anywheres, it was a Abu Garcia low profile Ambassedeur, was looking forward to having two baitcasters with different set ups on each...so hopefully I am just not looking closely enough :wallbash: (should just get the wife to look...seems most times she will come along and find in a minute flat, what I have searched for for 20 minutes....:))