The maiden voyage

SBCregal

with the information i got from folks here regarding fuel/oil mix for my motor, i fueled up, mixed some oil.... after many MANY pulls, i realized i wasnt getting fuel through the carb. pulled it off, quick cleaning and back together and it starts up on the first pull. couple of minor tweaks and i got it running right (it was stalling out at low engine speeds). well today i got it out for its maiden voyage. i've never launched a boat before so i was a little worried about being one of "those guys" at the launch. putting the boat in went smootly, fired it up and headed out for a bit of a run. the motor ran smoothly at WOT with no hiccups or stumbling and went right down to trolling speeds and ran well, still have a bit more tuning to do with that as i get the odd stumble there, like it wants to stall out. getting back to the launch it took me 2 or 3 tries to get the trailer straight and lined up properly to get the boat out but i eventually got it (this is why i chose 5:00 on a monday for my first try at launching)

all in all it was a good trip, i didnt sink, and i didnt have to paddle back. so all's well :)

heres a pic or two of the boat as it is now... i have a few improvements to do still, along with wiring and mounting the fishfinder properly and such.

pictures113.jpg

pictures114.jpg

Thanks again to everyone who helped

Ryan

Congrats on the Maiden Voyage! I also bought my first boat ever yesterday ... still gotta grab some pic before i post it up here ... i know exactly how excited you are :)

gotta get her slimed up soon!

i know once i got up into the creek i was kicking myself for not bringing the rods along

saw some BIIIIIIIIG carp up in there

congrats on your boat too!

i cant wait for the opportunities it opens up

even if its nothing big and fancy !

Big or Fancy does not put fish in the boat...

All Big and Fancy does is make you think... Hmmm that walleye cost me 10,000.00 per pound of fish! and you count down from there!

in about 5 years time you're down to about 2.00 per LB.... thank god!!!

LOL

G

All Big and Fancy does is make you think... Hmmm that walleye cost me 10,000.00 per pound of fish! and you count down from there!

LOL

G

:( I'm still at 20g's per pound!

congrats on your new boat!

and you too victor! did you get that pricecraft?

I missed out on that deal ... it was sold before she even had a chance to send the pictures to me ... but i didn't want to drive 2 hours one way to check it out before looking at pictures anyway. I'll take some pictures one of these days and I'll post it up.

no no no...the pics make it look bigger

it's only a 12 footer, with a 65 johnson seahorse 9.5hp on back

o wow!? It really is a 12'? I was thinking 16' if not at least 14' as well when i first looked at it. How was it when you got out there? Was it stable?

Congrats on a successful maiden launch! I got my first boat just last fall and did the same as you....launched for the first time during the week....LOL. Did you name her yet?

Looking forward to seeing you put some new slime in it...and of course seeing the pics from your report!

LOL

G

ahhh man your not kidding Gerritt,and regal congrats on the boat

Edited by 2 Tone Z71

WTG, :thumbsup_anim: brings back memories of my first boat. Lot's of excitement and gives you the freedom to fish where you want. You'll get better after every launch, but it sounds like you've pretty much got it down already. Just some quick boating advice now that you're "on the water"....just make sure you always pay close attention to your local weather forecast and always practise safety first. Have fun dude and enjoy.

:Gonefishing:

good stuff, that's a great little starter set up there, the 9.5 should be great for it too, I run a 9.9 on my 14 , when I had it on a 12 footer it treated me well, lots of applications for a small boat for sure, like swamping it in the slop for some largie action, or you also have the advantage of putting the boat in pretty much anywhere if ya have a buddy along...take the motor off, lift it from the trailer, pop in the water, put motor back on and go..gotta love,hope it treats you well, and starts off your warm weather fishing season with a bang :Gonefishing: