Boat Covers

Marty

After 13 years, I finally need a new cover. The old one was custom made and worked well but time has caught up to it. Boat is a 16.5 foot aluminum semi v with a 70 hp Johnson and a 9.9 kicker. I know I need to measure the beam but it seems to me that I may be stuck with a 17 foot cover at BPS or Cabelas. I've never used a prefab cover and I am wondering if any of you have any experience buying them and could offer any advice. I'll be buying a good one because it usually makes at least two long trips a year plus various other trips. Thanks in advance.

Why not get a new custom cover? If your going to spend the money, that's what I'd recommend.

I've never had luck with covers. They last a couple years, and they need to be replaced.

Custom is the way to go.

Sinker

I too am looking for a universal fit boat cover complete with an attached motor cover for a princecraft 142 proseries with side console. any recommendations on suppliers as I can,t seem to find anyone to supply cover that I want

Thanks Tom

I purchase two boat covers from Cabela's a couple of years ago via mail. The first was WAY too big, sent it back and the second was too small and had to send that one back at my expense. I spent a lot of money in postage and got nothing in return.

I think you are much better off getting you custom made cover repaired as that is what I will be doing someday. I just don't use the cover that much so there is no hurry to get rr done :)