Lake Trolls

johnnyb

Hey all -- on my trip to Temagami and some of the small back lakes next week (can't believe it's almost here!) I want to bring a couple of small lake/gang trolls with me....any suggestions on what to tip them with? I suppose a minnow would be the obvious choice, but live bait may not be the most convenient up there. A tube jig? Fly?

If anybody has a suggestion, I'd love to hear it :)

well...I MIGHT bring the minnow trap...will probably have some worms....I'm thinking a tube jig fluttering along back there could do nicely. maybe I could stuff the tube with some mallow??

Sounds good....what is it?

A little foam thing that looks like a 1 1/2" J-Plug. Y'know I don't even know what it's real name is, lol.

All the trolling guys I talk to swear by the thing for lakers though.

Ohhhhh, I know the thing! I've also seen little jobbys similar to that with wings on 'em...sort of a pimped out worm harness/

Thanks CLofchik. I will add it to the shopping list for tomorrow :)

Peanuts and Cow Bells is what us Lake O guys use for Laker's ..i have had lots of guys coming in the store that are going north to get Peanuts from me and have had great catches with them ...also Spin & Glows work just as well about 18" behind the Gang Troll..

hey johnny well if u want minnows just find a beaver dam that is alive...green branches will tell u if it is a used beaver dam..then with a 4 inch by 4 inch minnow net and a piece of bread...you can catch all the minnows you need....nice size too.....im in temagami in 2 weeks cant wait...acually less than 2 weeks...were you staying in temagami johnny...im at temagami lodge and have been there for about 12 years..