Grand Report and More

Rich

Sleded and I had high hopes as we loaded up the Filth Hound for it's first trip of the year this morning. We were headed to Dunnville for walleye. As we drove over the dam however, our hopes drooped as we saw WHITE CAPS and rollers on the grand. That's rare! Never seen it that rough. 30kph east winds will do that though I guess.

The wind made it tough enough to troll, and to add on that the fish were lockjawed. Even the catfish wouldn't co-operate. We put our time in and trolled the usual walleye haunts, not even a sheephead to show for our efforts. Finally took some time to anchor out of the wind and cook up some elk burgers. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Nothing beats BBQ'ing in the boat!

DSC01474.jpg

DSC01475.jpg

After trying to anchor out in the wind near the dam and fish cats we decided we'd had enough of the soaking from the waves coming over the boat and headed to shore. We packed up and hit up the rainham Dairy Freeze for some ice cream. ICE CREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM

DSC01476.jpg

DSC01477.jpg

We couldn't just give up without a full day on the water though, so we then headed to a spot we like to call Area 57 where we just knew we'd get at least a few catfish. It didn't disappoint, just about non-stop action from start to finish, though mostly bullheads and bluegills.

A few surprises were thrown in the mix however with a small carp and a little sheepie hitting Sleded's dew worms.

DSC01482.jpg

DSC01480.jpg

DSC01481.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

Don't worry "NoWhiteBuckets" these fish were all released. We know how you feel about keeping a healthy sheephead and catfish population. And those endangered carp, forget about it! :lol:

Great day out, despite the soaking from the rain and waves and the slow fishing. Always a good time with the Filthwich Boyz!

LINE

jigs

LINE

Its early walleye season, read between the lines. :whistling: Good effort though on a day the dreamers stayed home.

I know of a few guys who did pretty decent on the Rio Grande for eyes today, but I think it was hit or miss for a lot of people.

don;t feel too bad rich, most of the ppl out on the weekend couldn;t get a sniff from a walleye! i seen 4 all weekend. all nice eaters, but no one had anythin over 2lbs my buddy got his 2 on jigs, another guy i know got 2 trolling cranks on the opener. most fish came from shallow water.