Read the regs before you fish! ( dead musky report)

Crazyhook

Took my daughter to gymnastics this morning and my friends mom says " You should of seen the size of the musky I saw yesterday caught on the Ottawa River. I asked her where it was caught and she told me the story.

The guy that caught the fish wanted to eat it but someone fishing there said it was no good so they let it go.. ( after about 30 pictures and the fish being out of the water for over 5 minutes) the fish went belly up then turned and slowly swam away ( I am guessing to enjoy her last sleep on the bottom of the river).

Here is a shot of the fish

if anyone knows this guy please explain the regulations to him, its sad to see such a nice fish die before she was about to spawn

P5100045_2.jpg

Edited by Crazyhook

Unfortunately there is no intelligence requirement to get a fishing license. Like a "You must be this smart to fish" sign or something.

I would support a requirement that you need to pass a test or something to get a license. Heck, hunters have to do it.

Jamie... did you find out what he was using? So you know how to get one later! lol

Not good... but what can you do... besides drown the ba st ar d.

get this.... 4" red devil :wallbash:

Nice seeing you on Friday Wayne, wish we could of chatted more! hope the wedding was a good one and hope you get some fish on the flies!

but if he was to pushed in, it would be racism. It has nothing to do with race, know the regs, abide by the regs, and there will be no problems

Race became an issue the minute you noticed he was of colour.

If race is not an issue why bring it up?

Or are you trying to say you would drown him even if he was white?

I just made my last post to this "fishing" site.

I just made my last post to this "fishing" site.

It would really be a shame to lose a member over a comment like that. It was not made to offend anyone. As of late, there has been lots of news stories about fishing and racism, and people being pushed in. They are being pushed in because they dont abide by the rules, but seeing as some of them were not white, it was deemed to be racist. My sole purpose was that all should abide by the rules, and all should be treated equally, push em all in if the dont abide by the rules, they are there for a reason. That's all I have on the subject, take it or leave it.

Steve

Radnine... no need to leave because of a members post.... we all do not agree on 100% of the topics 100% of time...

I do not think that Steve post was racially based... I just think he posted his opinion... and everyone here has one...

while it may differ from you're opinion he is entitled to it.... and I do not personally see his post as offencive. His post refers to recent news articles of people being harrassed

Took my daughter to gymnastics this morning and my friends mom says " You should of seen the size of the musky I saw yesterday caught on the Ottawa River. I asked her where it was caught and she told me the story.

The guy that caught the fish wanted to eat it but someone fishing there said it was no good so they let it go.. ( after about 30 pictures and the fish being out of the water for over 5 minutes) the fish went belly up then turned and slowly swam away ( I am guessing to enjoy her last sleep on the bottom of the river).

Here is a shot of the fish

if anyone knows this guy please explain the regulations to him, its sad to see such a nice fish die before she was about to spawn

P5100045_2.jpg

I think Jeff Foxworthy says it the best " I just hate stupid people"

To Radnine Re: >>

QUOTE(steverowbotham @ May 11 2008, 07:30 PM) *

but if he was to pushed in, it would be racism. It has nothing to do with race, know the regs, abide by the regs, and there will be no problems

I just made my last post to this "fishing" site. <<

.......................................................................................................................................................

As a guy living in a bi-racial marriage(Filipino) with a step daughter( and a mixed colour daughter together as well) of the same colour as the kid in the pic noted on this thread i understand your REACTION to the above noted comment by one other poster.

I also saw in the same picture the little WHITE kid wearing gloves with his hands going for the same fish too.

I also saw and read the media reports a while ago of some RACIAL GOOFS up in the Pt Perry(?) region "nipper tipping" asians that were fishing in the area. Disgusting behavior by a bunch of REDNECKS that was !

Now, that being said, REACTING by running away is not a very mature attitude either.

A BIG challenge in print type dialogs on chat room boards is the lack of inflection and or tone in a posters intent. I know this from my own personal experience with how "I" have come across in print format before on a chat room that I actually own.

It took another member or two on my own chat board that reached out to me personally to even look at my own role in my own resentment of how "others were acting".

I didn't like taking my own inventory at all! lol

So, Radnine,,, please re-consider your REACTION to ONE posters comment before you leave.

God bless

splashhopper

thanx spooner.. it was while ago that i read and saw the article..

no offense to "pt perryians" eh !

especially since the guy who was my best man at my "first wedding" is from Uxbridge and his mom was a teacher a the public school in Pt Perry.(Mrs Harrison)

Does anyone have any idea what the chances (percentage) for survival of this fish might have been? I know muskie are one of the more sensitive fish, but I often wonder how fish who take a while to revive do after release?

I can't beleive that no one present advised, nor gave the guy crap for having the fish out of the water that long and it being out of season! This fish species particularly requires every bit of effort to help re-establish the stocks! Personally, If I had been present, I would of been up in that guys grill immediately! I totally despise that crap! Doesnt matter what race the guy is....In fact there are equally as many ignorant white folk as there are any other! It is the responsibility of those that are present and know better to educate. So many people are afraid to speak their minds to people now a days! You know its wrong....Say something! Leave the racial crap out of it.

Ab

I can't beleive that no one present advised, nor gave the guy crap for having the fish out of the water that long and it being out of season! This fish species particularly requires every bit of effort to help re-establish the stocks! Personally, If I had been present, I would of been up in that guys grill immediately! I totally despise that crap! Doesnt matter what race the guy is....In fact there are equally as many ignorant white folk as there are any other! It is the responsibility of those that are present and know better to educate. So many people are afraid to speak their minds to people now a days! You know its wrong....Say something! Leave the racial crap out of it.

Ab

Gave the guy crap? Who are you his father? People need to relax a bit... Inform the guy that the fish is out of season and it needs to go back in the water as soon as possible.

Getting all ticked off and riled up is only going to leave you with a few less teeth. No need to make a bad situation worse.

Seems like a lot of people here should have been game wardens by some of the attitudes... sheesh.

The angler who caught that fish definitely needs some education on which species are suitable for eating. However, does anyone have proof that the muskie actually died? Or is this speculation and this thread is much to do about nothing.

We have to be careful about an issue like this. The angler did not break the law, yet some people in here are already making it sound like he did. What he needs is just education, there are stupid people around all the time. Sometimes they just need to be told. Maybe he learnt his lesson and this won't happen again. However if we hear this story again with the same guy, then its time to flame him a little more.

Holding an out of season fish out of the water too long is an offence and should be dealt with either through education or legal intervention.

Pushing another human being into a lake or river could be either assault or attempted murder.

This one has gone far enough.