Another happy all-americanoutdoors.com customer

sharper

Well I recently placed an order for 2 shimano reels from all-americanoutdoors.com after hearing about it from Gerritt's thread. The order came in under 2 weeks and there were no hidden shipping fees. Everything was as expected and they threw in a free package of grubs as well! I'll be shopping there again thats for sure.

I just received my order as well... I ordered a Stradic for my BIL's Birthday... (It will be an early gift for him... as we are giving it to him for opener) Got it in under 2 weeks and shipping was 7.50..

I got a spool of Calcutta Mono... looks nice enough!

Hard to go wrong!!

G

Edited by Gerritt

Wow, some real decent prices on that site. Another paycheck bites the dust. :lol:

And a general all around nice guy to talk too.. While they might make only 15 points per reel VS. other retailers making 40 points, they make up for it in shear volume

It is a win win for the consumer and a business model that works. Sell to you're customer base at what they see as value and you will make a repeat purchaser of that customer. When I was talking to him (Dave) it is absolutely mind boggling the amount of items they are pushing out the doors.

This is my forth purchase with them and there will be more to come.

Kudos all-americanoutdoors.com!

G

I should add.... for those of you that like power pro... and are ordering a reel or rod anyways... I have not seen power pro at their prices... 9.00-14.00.... Might as well add it to your order :)

G

i just received my order last week as well. picked up 500 yards of 65 Lb Power Pro for my new musky reel and got the free spool of Calcutta mono as well. cost $41, that would have been over $60 in stores here.

i'm sure they'll be getting more business from me in the future.

Are you guys getting charged duties and taxes on this stuff? Who do they ship with? UPS/Fed ex or USPS?

Nope... no taxes or duty.. and they are shipping hundreds if not a thousand or so reel etc to Canada a month..

I assume it is because the border guards are not too concerned with a USPS item valued @ 129.00

to be honest I am not 100% certain... but I have never been hit with anything... other then a 2.00 handling fee (for packaging materials) and the actual shipping cost. about 7 bucks..

I am assuming NAFTA is the reason why there is no duty?

even if a duty was charged.. it would still be a hell of alot cheaper to order from them if you're in the market for a Stradic etc... VS. your local gouger (tackle store) ...

That said they are to market on some things... but it seems they are an absolute deal on ALOT of things compared to your usual places of doing business..

Give them a shot.. I bet you will be another OFC'r they can count on being a loyal customer...

PS.. I am not affiliated with them in any manner.. I just shared my experience in dealing with them directly, Glad to see other OFC'rs are taking notice and saving their hard earned over taxed paychecks. Since my first purchase I have made 3 more.. nothing but positive things to say.

Gerritt.

For some reason, when you get items shipped USPS, you only have like a 10% chance of getting dinged. Through e-bay and other US retailers, I've only had to pay duty/taxes maybe 3 times, and I've bought quite a bit.

UPS is a different story. To warn those who do not already know..... ALWAYS ASK WHO THEY SHIP WITH. :whistling: If UPS, ask if they will ship USPS. If not, keep walking. UPS will ding you for duty, taxes, brokerage fee.... and a brokerage fee tax. Its insane.

I know you guys don't like LeBaron, but there is an advantage to buying online from them (for me anyways). They ship from Quebec, so you don't get charged PST if you live outside of Quebec. The savings of the PST basically pays your shipping. So I can buy stuff from my computer chair without paying the gas to drive at least an hour to get to a (good) tackle store.