Vancouver....Rain, Snow, and Hail

brandon

Headed back to Tsawwassen once again tonight to try for some more bird in flight pictures but after about 10 minutes of being there, the sun sank behind some clouds and was gone for the night. I didn't even have enough time to get to where the harriers and owls usually are but I managed these 2 pictures

Great Blue Heron in some cattails

010editcroppedwebsite.jpg

Cottontail in the grass

013editwebsite-1.jpg

On my way back to the truck I heard this loud rumble of thunder.....If you've ever been in Vancouver for a long period of time you'll know that it very rarely thunderstorms out here.....so that thunder really grabbed my attention. I turned around and looked north and the sky was black......Vancouver was completely blanketed by thick black clouds and it was really weird seeing it like that because it was so nice where I was.....well not too nice but it was still bright. While driving back to the city I couldn't help but stare at the sky....until I saw a coyote......So I took an exit off the highway and cruised some fields looking for 'yotes to take pics of but couldn't find anymore. While on some of the farm roads the sky still kept catching my eye even when it was in my rear view mirror.....and thats when I saw what I wanted to take a picture of.....there was a red field, a white house, yellow lines on the road, and a black sky....taken as a panoramic....enjoy

Panorama88website.jpg

when I actually got back into the city the weather was quite strange......some areas it was only rain...some only snow......some only hail........or some all 3......either way it was an interesting sight and I'm glad I captured some of it on my camera.....from a distance anyways

Edited by brandon