Fish Tattoo's

Mike01

I'd have to agree with you Daplumma - if it was 10 years ago. Todays world is becoming more and more tattooed and pierced. I've worked for very large professional companies and have seen a huge change in policies and acceptance of body modifacation. I've got half inch holes through my ears and only once heard grieft from a potential employer. Granted if I went to an interview with my face tattooed it may be a problem.

I bet you'd be surprised how many of your own clients are tattooed and pierced under their suits. With all the tattoo shows on TV it wont be long until the modified out number the "normal"

I dont think my customers would let me in the door with one.

Joe

Joe, I've got a 17 tattoos, including an 8" shark I had done in Portsmouth, England back in '64 in my Navy days and folks have always been quite happy when I showed up at their front door to offer my assistance.

Course, I wasn't upper management either :lol:

Joe, I've got a 17 tattoos, including an 8" shark I had done in Portsmouth, England back in '64 in my Navy days and folks have always been quite happy when I showed up at their front door to offer my assistance.

Course, I wasn't upper management either :lol:

Hahaha you got a point there Lew.

Joe

When I was thinking about getting mine done a lot of people were concerned that you would be able to see it. Even with the colours it doesn't show through a white shirt, nor does it poke out my sleeve. I didn't really care either way. If someone wasn't going to hire me because I have a tattoo, I don't think its the kind of place that I would want to work anyways....

I actually had one boss recommend that I take otu my earrings when I worked at a big bank downtown TO. I was a teller in a suit seeing hundreds of client each day - many of whom were CEOs and big bosses at the suroundinng buildings. I told my manager that if she asked me to take out my earrings she'd have to ask every other employee under her too as well - including women. She didnt bring it up again. When I left the job she told me I was one of her favorite people she had worked with and gave me great references ever since.

I work with a couple guys out here in Halifax with their forearms tattooed - no one even gives them a second look. If anything its a conversation starter to be pierced and tattooed these days!

Can't say as I have gotten the bug to get Tattooed my concern has been the way they look after the years have done their damage like the pretty blue dolphin on the left breast at 20 turns into the blue whale at 50. Besides "us older ones" have our own body modifications their called scars and each of them have a story behind them. The kids now adays have so many safety devices IE bike helmets, knee pads, wrist protectors, safe swing sets, bike trail......well you get the picture their parents have robbed them of the path to manhood by scars.

Art

Its funny you ask this, mine is getting scretch as we speak.Its going to be something really different though,He's going to make my tat of me fishing from my boat and I have a walleye on the end on my line and with me wearing my Habs jersey. I cant wait to see how it will look :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

That sounds like an awesome plan for a tattoo Dan.

I'm sure it will look great......well, except for the red habs thingy. :P;)

Sorry guys..I will never get the whole tattoo thing and I was in the navy.To each his own but visable tattoos pretty much screw you for upper management and many other things.I dont think my customers would let me in the door with one.If you have figured out a way to balance your "self expression" and a way to support your family ,more power to you.Dang,I miss my long hair but sadly,its like having a tattoo.Tinman,thats a kickass tat.

Joe

I wouldn't let you in my house with that "Mr. T" starter set you've got around your neck... if I didn't know ya! :unsure:

Can't say as I have gotten the bug to get Tattooed my concern has been the way they look after the years have done their damage like the pretty blue dolphin on the left breast at 20 turns into the blue whale at 50. Besides "us older ones" have our own body modifications their called scars and each of them have a story behind them. The kids now adays have so many safety devices IE bike helmets, knee pads, wrist protectors, safe swing sets, bike trail......well you get the picture their parents have robbed them of the path to manhood by scars.

Art

I've seen some pretty bad aged tattoo - but todays inks and aftercare are quite a bit different then 20 years ago. You'll be seeing tattoos keep their colour and detail far longer then they ever did before. If cours eit all depends on skin types and how much sun exposer you get aswell but theres no reason a 50 year old tattoo cant look good these days!

Mepps,

It ain't the tat we are concerned about, or how it will look at 50 years! It's the degradation of the "canvas" under the work of art that we are concerned with! LOL

Lew,

No fair, you kept wearing them heavy rain coats and stuff overtop to hide every one of them! LOL

I gotta admit that I'm with "the plumma's" on this one... but I guess to each their own! I do have to wonder though, much like many here, how they will look after time has taken there toll on the "canvas".

TO be honest, as I get older, I'm find the orafice's that I can equipped with can cause me issues, having a complete stranger add a few thousand more... I don't need to go there!

It is pretty rare for me to see one that doesn't make me cringe, but as I said above, to each their own... just make sure before you do it, your not gonna want to change your mind! I wonder how much longer this fad amoung the majority will revert back to the minority?

HH