Virginia bass fishing?

Wade

Does anyone know about fishing in Virginia? Thinking of heading down soon for a week & thought I would try for some bass - read about Smith Mountain Lake & Buggs Island but would appreciate any first-hand accounts.

Thanks.

What time of the year and what area are you visiting? We have some of the finest bass fishing minutes from the Capitol of Washington D.C..

Just post or send me a PM and I will try to give you same ideas and area's th enjoy.

Art

Art, if you're going to be posting pictures, would you be kind enough to obscure the backgrounds? There are a coupla long rodders sitting at their laptops at Pearson waiting for their flight to DC.

Art, if you're going to be posting pictures, would you be kind enough to obscure the backgrounds? There are a coupla long rodders sitting at their laptops at Pearson waiting for their flight to DC.

:lol::lol::Gonefishing:

Tell them to call me Roy when they get here and I will be happy to point them in the direction of the fish. One of the benefits of being down here and posting on Canada's finest fishing board is its 14 hour drive to fish MY favorite spots.

Art

Does anyone know about fishing in Virginia? Thinking of heading down soon for a week & thought I would try for some bass - read about Smith Mountain Lake & Buggs Island but would appreciate any first-hand accounts.

Thanks.

Hi Wade,

Here is a link to a good Guide for Kerr Lake. His name is Wayne Nugent. He runs a 2005, 20 ft Ranger Bass Boat.

http://www.kerrlake.com/fishva/index.htm

We took Wayne out on Sunday after the Tourny for a day and had a great day, with

800 miles of shoreline you won't run out of shore to fish.

I would like to go down in the fall again for a few days or so to fish.

Myself and a Friend drove down to Kerr Lake to fish in a FLW Bass Tourny on March 15th

Here is a link for the lake to read up on before you head down..

http://www.kerrlake.proboards21.com/index.c.cgi?

Good Luck and have fun.

Dave

Thanks Art, I'll be leaving in a few days to do a road trip down to Virginia Beach area for a couple of days then Williamsburg & Charlottesville. I'd like to drive back up on Skyline Drive so I can basically go anywhere in the state.

I have a week and a half so definitely think I should try the bass fishing! - checked a few web sites and have some ideas - Chickahominy River, Briery Creek Lake, Claytor Lake - but I don't see any recent reports for any of them. I was wondering if the water levels are really high in some places.

Thanks for the links, Dave - I was thinking DIY but a guide might be good, too.