Angler's Outfitters In Woodstock

Wendel

Just letting everyone know that Angler's Outfitters in Woodstock has a new location.

It's bigger then before, don't know if the selection could get much better, but it's all much easier to find.

Went in there to buy a dipsy rod, came out with a little more, but not much.

Nicole and I had a nice lesson in how to use our dipsey's more effectively, super nice guy, great prices.

I can't see why people bother going to big box stores to get fishing tackle when you get better stuff for the same or cheaper prices from the local guys.

I held off buying at BPS yesterday just so I could check out his new store...

Support Your Local Fishing Store

Jos' is awesome.. I was there yesterday and I brought Bill Parker with me just so he could met Jos and see the store for himself. I picked up a Navionics 08 chip A new reel and a bunch of assorted stuff...

Well worth the drive for Anyone looking to make a electronics purchase... there is a reason he is the NUMBER 1 Lowrance dealer in Canada... NOONE can touch his pricing.. and noone can touch his expertise. He is truly a gem when it comes to marine electronics... a bit different but a wealth of information..

Why would I buy here, when just down the road was $300.00 cheaper, and acually has a passion for what he is selling you and will not let you leave until he sets it up for you...

It is for that reason alone I have been back 4 times.. since my first visit.... We just do not see that kind of service here in Hamilton... nor can anyone touch his pricing on electronics.. just ask around...

I now tell EVERYONE to go to Angling Outfitters... well worth the drive....

G

PS... The stores around here could learn A LOT from Jos.. Better to sell 100 items @ 10% profit.. then 10 items @ 50% Profits.... Sadly... word of mouth is king... adapt of get the F out of the way...

Edited by Gerritt

Passion, that's for sure...

He MADE us attend his Dipsey Diver Theory 101 course lol

You can never go wrong when you deal with someone that is in his business for love....

I haven't had that much fun in a fishing store in a long time....

Nice thing about Jos is the service doesn't stop at the cash register. When I bought my Eagle it was my first chartplotter. He gave me his card and said if you ever get in trouble call me, I did and he walked me through the problem while I was still on the lake. He is just a down to earth guy, he actually invited me out pike fishing on his boat.

Last year I ordered a Calcutta TE 100DC reel from Joslyn, after a few weeks he told me he wasn't able to get it for some time yet, he said get it while I was in the States, so I did. A few weeks later he got the reel in anyway, gave me a call and ask if I was interested in having a second one at a fantastic price. Which of course I said yes. Best reels I have used. Jos of course as said in here is a very personable guy, will do anything to get your business and keep you happy. He is becoming very busy and harder to get to see, but as fishermen we seem to have more patience than most , especially when it comes to our toys.Oh ya and if you want to learn how to use your electronics etc., just see Jos, but have fun trying to keep up. :thumbsup_anim:

Yup....awesome guy and store...I've spent way to much time and $$ there over the Winter but always leave the store with a smile on my face and more info. than I know what to do with.

It's scary since they're literally now a 10 minute drive from my house :santa:

From London take Hwy 2 until you are almost in Woodstock. From Woodstock about 5 minutes out of town, near the driving range and mini-putt.

Joclyn is the reason I fish. He helped me every step of the way...from absolute novice to the beginner I am now. :) It's worth the detour if you are driving to London. There are many things you will find in his shop that you won't find at BP and always the prices are better. He goes that extra mile. I've busted many a rod and never are there any questions for the replacement...except he enjoys hearing the story I have to tell on how it happened. (car door, daughter put it under a door etc ) You pay the shipping fee and get a new rod on the spot...it is that simple. Good also are the cast of characters who work for him. SHERM, the trolling guy, and the short guy :blush:..wish I could remember their names. All of them are great. Best is when they give Joc grief over backorders he was supposed to have taken care of. It's the kibitzing that you see with good friends. I come to that store and usually leave with a smile on my face, it is just a friendly place.

I used to think his moving the store out of the city of Woodstock into the country, would kill his business. It would kill any other business that relies on store sales. I went one recent saturday and it was as busy as ever. I buy 90% of my stuff there because I know I won't get better service after I leave the store with his products then ANY other place I can think of.

Edited by scuro

I've been telling you guys here on OFC about Joslyn and Angling Outfitters for years!! Glad to hear the new store is busy as the old one. Can't wait to check it out and have a visit when I'm in SW Ont. next week.

Jos definitely earns all this great word of mouth advertising that he's getting from all the OFC members.

Yup, he sure seems to be a nice enough guy and he has lots of product, some of which I had never heard of in there before...

Whats even better is that Jos will order in anything you want that he doesn't carry.

Since we're all eulogizing Jos, I will add something about him.

One very busy day at the old store we were discussing electronics and he pardoned himself for a moment to speak with someone that had come into the store. This person did not look like a fisherman but someone down on his luck. Only a couple feet away it was hard not to overhear the conversation and it was one of his tennants from upstairs where Jos also lives. It was a rent issue and Jos was clearly more interested in this man's well being than a rent cheque.

I get the impression that Jos can sleep very well at night knowing all the people he's helped out during the day.

I've never had the pleasure of visiting this shop as he's a long ways from me, but it certainly sounds like he's built himself quite a reputation and it's great to hear so many of you boyz giving him a well deserved plug.