3M Marine Adhesive 5200

icefisherman

Waooo that was fast reply. Thanks Wayne!

I was thinking of CT and didn't remember seeing it there....but then my CT store is very small and often lucks much choice...will check the Brampton one.

The brochure says they make it in tan color....is it the hot one that sells fast and this is why you think it'll be hard to find the color?

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

No I just figure CTC only stocks white or black.. lol. Usually in the boating section.. and our store at least has the entire boating stock back out again. I"ve never used 5200... as I build floats with Sikaflex 1A. Not an easy item to find.. so don't try.

ive never seen tan lots of white or black around thou,CTC for sure and theres a West Marine in Oakville right they may have tan,what are ya 5200 ing down thats awefull stuff

Thanks Bud.

I know that West Marine store and am regular customer there :clapping::wallbash:

Previous owner has drilled few holes here and there probably trying to mount different stuff and then took them off so I'd like to plug all those holes and since my Lund is Tan color I'd like to use the same color.

Well West Marine has it:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/store...mp;classNum=318

and they have the Tan color too but only in the large size 10 Oz for $19.99

hmmmm.....those guys always make lots of money from me :wallbash:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Thanks Bud.

I know that West Marine store and am regular customer there :clapping::wallbash:

Previous owner has drilled few holes here and there probably trying to mount different stuff and then took them off so I'd like to plug all those holes and since my Lund is Tan color I'd like to use the same color.

Well West Marine has it:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/store...mp;classNum=318

and they have the Tan color too but only in the large size 10 Oz for $19.99

hmmmm.....those guys always make lots of money from me :wallbash:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

HAHA dont worry they take my $$ as well

Emil.. if you didn't find it yet and want to call stores.. CTC stocks White. The 4200 fast cure product number is 79-0215-4 and the 5200 is 79-0216-2. Neither come up on the website.. but them's the numbers off the packages in the Midland Store.

Thanks Wayne.

Appreciate the follow up.

I did find it in CT - the white small tube of the 5200.

In the meantime I've tested few holes by using the Premium Construction adhesive I've been using around the house for years with great success. The best thing about it is it is the right tan color.

I've used this same adhesive to glue my back yard gates posts 5 years ago and in -40 to +40 degrees summer and winter those posts have never moved a mm. So, anyhow...I've tested it on few holes on the boat and just checked on it today seems to be all dried and hard now and holes are filled up/ So I'll stick to it for now and finish all the rest of the holes I want to fill in.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Try your local fastenal or maybe

mcmastercarr online.

Fastenal sells alot more then nuts and bolts :) and if local rep wont help you..........call belleville branch and talk to jeff :)

Derrick

(i have bought 3m products through them)

Edited by MoriaRiverMan

We have had glue reps in my company showing glue that is stronger than welds!!!!!

ya.....blew my mind to.......

They actually glue buses together these days :unsure: (glue was called something like plexas or plexis) amazing stuff!!!!!

rep glued a piece of flat bar to plate and i couldnt beat it off with large hammer!!!! couldnt pry off either !!!

Also loctite has some really amazing glues aswell :)

The small tubes I found in CT (white color) were 14.99

From what I see on the sites the riverman gave me:

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products.ex?N=...matchallpartial

http://www.mcmaster.com/

The 5200 is about half price in the US. Not sure what the shiping will be but those are good sites to know for future references.

Thanks guys.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman