Cecebe Lake Magnetawan

Lakeshore

I am almost 100% sure that we will be renting a cottage on Cecebe in August. I have not been up there since I was 10, about close to 30 years ago.

I remember pike and walleye, smallmouths.

How is the fishing up there???

I will have the opportunity to move about, so how is Ahmic lake??

I may also trek out to Sand Lake and Beaver Lake as well if time permits.

Any advice, help would be greatly appreciated!!

Lakeshore

Beautiful lakes the Magnetawan system. The pickerel fishing is supposed to be fantastic. I have a friend on Sand lake, fished there many times. The rainbows and lakers are deep. You will need riggers to get down to them for sure. In the summer, the rainbow in that lake come up along the breaks and feed around the surface. You will almost have to chase them in there and literally observe the feed.

Good luck!

i know the area well!

Cecebe is shallow, mud weed bottom. Lots of smaller walleye and sauger! lots of pike and good smallie action.

Ahmic is awesome, there are big walleye in there but harder to catch in summer as they go deep to feed on smelt. I caught a bunch using smelt imitading baits. in about 40-50 feet of water in the summer! smallie fishing is great too!

Beaver is full of pike and i was catching so many small ones i headed back to ahmic last year to try for bigger ones. I also caught a few largies in beaver but the small pike were just driving me to nuts to stay at it.

If you are staying on cecebe, try to go to goose lake at the bottom of cecebe. I am curious to see how good the fishing is in that lake.

CHeers!

I've been to woodland echoes on Ahmic. i think the last time i was there was around 5 yrs ago. Great place and reasonably priced.

From what the locals say, Ahmic has quality, not quantity for walleyed cuz of the smelt.

For smallmouth, my best day for smallmouth was on Ahmic. i think between my bro and i, one day we caught over 50 and i caught my personal best that day as well.

We hired a guide that the owner of woodland echoes recommended. he had a wicked bassboat and very reasonably priced. you can call them and ask for him. i believe his name was Louie.

We also ventured into Cecebe which the guide says was better for Largemouth as it was shallower and had more weeds. There are some pike in Ahmic too.

i gotta get back up there.

Hey Fishless, I have a trailor on Sand Lake.....I am sure you know the Trailer Park..lake's not big. Beauty Lake and yes the fish are deep in the summer. I've managed to muster up some pike and smallies as well...not many but a few. Last smallie was in the 4 pound range and Dark.

Hey Lakeshore....

There is a Magnetawan Bait and tackle up there...get a lake map...it helped me out greatly last summer. I think they are only 6 bucks and they are laminated, It has locations where species hang out at different times of the year. Woodland Echoes in the Mag also has these maps.....I'm sure the gas station on the 520 heading into the town also has them. Good luck!

I have a trailer on SANDLAKE it has lake trout rainbows and some bass and the odd pike . Beaver is the best for pike fishing they are large and fight like hell in the rivers lots of weeds for them to sit in. I love the top water action. Laketrout are very deep on sandlake down about 40 to 60 feet. You will need a down riggers or dipsys to get them up to the boat.Iam there most weekends watch out for the OFC flag on my boat. GOOD LUCK on your trip. KEITH. :thumbsup_anim: