FLY SETUP QUESTION

BITEME

Okay here is the deal :dunno:

One of my best Technicians has been pimped away from me and will be heading out to Alberta.

some guys have left before and the tradition with our small group is to all kick in some money and my Boss will match whatever we raise.

Anyway i have outfitted 2 guys that left aready to fish and they were very happy.

Now the question and I'm way out of my element here

My Tech has an intrest in FLY FISHING I have roughly 500.00 to spend on a setup before anyone gets to this point i will be doing the shopping locally at my favorite shop.

I would like to get a rod and reel all spooled up and ready to go maybe a few flies and possibly a cheap vest

rod weight is my first question

line would be second

and anything else that would help in selection would be great

Like I said I'm way outside this loop im an anchor dragger

THANKS

Peter

first of all what species are they targetting because their is alot of sizes and weights for fly rods and a little tip to help you out spend most of the money on the rod and line the reel doesnt do much but hold some line on it gona need some more info to help ya out

With 500 bucks, I'd probably go for a nice rod and reel (250-300 bucks) then a nice tying kit including materials, vise, and maybe a book for the fly tying beginner, then with whatever coin is left over, a gift certificate for that same shop!!! That'd make me pretty happy!!! :whistling: