Well it took three weeks of kicking and screaming but!

Big Cliff

Finally! they figured out what the problem was (actually were). A conflict between towers and someone hadn't set up my account speeds properly. The insatller came back today and repositioned my antenna so that I have a better quality signal but my speeds were still way below what they should have been so he got on the phone to the office and got a tech that knew what he was doing. The tech reset some things and all of a sudden my speeds are way up there and actually exceed the package I bought into. To top it all off they even gave me a free months service. :thumbsup_anim:

Thank you Xplornet and Dital City

Moe, check out Xplornet, apparently they will have coverage to most rural areas by this summer. Cost me $100.00 for instalation/equipment and the package I bought is $29.95 a month. I bought the slowest package 300 kbps but it is still so much faster than I had on dialup and actually I have done several speed tests and I am getting much better speeds than what I am paying for.

I should have posted this earlier. The original post got me looking around. Company I work for keeps expanding into the boonies and sometimes there is no high speed anything available. Believe it or not we have run entire stores off 56kbps. Not very pretty, lotsa frustration, but it does work.

There is a technique called line bonding, modem bridging etc. It essentially “bonds” simple phone lines to achieve speeds in multiples of 56kbps. With 2 lines you should get over 100kbps and with 3 around 150kbps.

It’s not cheap or glamorous or anything like that but if you are truly desperate look at Netopia R2020 or Webramp 3101. Google um. Webramp seems the easier of the 2 as it doesn’t require support from the ISP side

Anyway my 2 cents, better late than never