Any ice left?

mtpockets2

Go ahead and "fall thru" and see how useful that info was.

Should he put the PFD ontop of the float suit he's wearing in his profile pic?

its funny how ice conditions posts always end up getting a bunch of responses with great tips from guys who dont ice fish???

then they proceed to tell us how unsafe the ice is, even if they havent been out first hand. not just saying you GCD.

Fact of the matter is you probably have a greater chance of getting hurt driving in the winter to you fishing spot then getting hurt or killed on the ice.

WEll last week there was 18" of ice and not much snow. I don't think 18" has melted by now..........your good to go. Just use a bit of common sense.....wear rubber boots.

Sinker

Says a man named Sinker..... :lol:

a word of caution if you're heading out on the ice . my go-to lakes have been closed by the ministry

'cause of the run-off and melting snow. these lakes had over 20 in. of ice and are now deemed "unsafe"

further south and smaller in size than JOE ,,, but who knows?

just a heads up ,good luck , be safe out there.

a word of caution if you're heading out on the ice . my go-to lakes have been closed by the ministry

'cause of the run-off and melting snow. these lakes had over 20 in. of ice and are now deemed "unsafe"

further south and smaller in size than JOE ,,, but who knows?

just a heads up ,good luck , be safe out there.

Uh-huh!

WEll last week there was 18" of ice and not much snow. I don't think 18" has melted by now..........your good to go. Just use a bit of common sense.....wear rubber boots.

Sinker

Must be pretty shallow then????

Should he put the PFD ontop of the float suit he's wearing in his profile pic?

its funny how ice conditions posts always end up getting a bunch of responses with great tips from guys who dont ice fish???

then they proceed to tell us how unsafe the ice is, even if they havent been out first hand. not just saying you GCD.

Fact of the matter is you probably have a greater chance of getting hurt driving in the winter to you fishing spot then getting hurt or killed on the ice.

At this time of year a float suit has been known to become too hot and too bulky to wear... "It's such a nice day!"

Maybe grabbing a vest out of the boat wouldn't be a bad idea if you just gotta get out on a nice day.

Anybody that has been exposed to ice fishin' know that the 2 most dangerous times of the year for ice are first ice and last ice, and just by the title of this thread I would use the S.W.A.G (some wild assed guess) to determine that the ice is in degeneration.

Then you think about the fishin' regs they've created to keep people off the ice at this time of year, huts off the ice and season closures... I just don't think it's a good time to go, but be careful if YOU do!

Just because I don't get to ice fish much, doesn't mean I don't ice fish at all

94510954805_0_ALB.jpg

At this time of year a float suit has been known to become too hot and too bulky to wear... "It's such a nice day!"

Maybe grabbing a vest out of the boat wouldn't be a bad idea if you just gotta get out on a nice day.

Anybody that has been exposed to ice fishin' know that the 2 most dangerous times of the year for ice are first ice and last ice, and just by the title of this thread I would use the S.W.A.G (some wild assed guess) to determine that the ice is in degeneration.

Then you think about the fishin' regs they've created to keep people off the ice at this time of year, huts off the ice and season closures... I just don't think it's a good time to go, but be careful if YOU do!

Just because I don't get to ice fish much, doesn't mean I don't ice fish at all

94510954805_0_ALB.jpg

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

By the way I know that spot Glen....... :whistling:

Guest gbfisher

Yer good to go.

Only thing that melted was some of the snow on top. Be good yet for a couple weeks unless we see steady rain and warm temps.

ALWAYS try to be safe on ANY ice.

Geez Glen, didn't know you had hair. :whistling: Must be because you always have a hat on. Nice fish by the way.

That was on May Lake, a couple hours drive north of Cold Lake Alberta... an hour of the drive was over frozen muskeg, it's a fly-in only lake in the summer. 18" of ice between Christmas and New Years.

Got this 5 minutes ago from my cousin

Hi John

There is more ice right now than there has been all winter. However tell them to stay away from the mouth of creeks and rivers,the thaw/melt has started.

There is 16" of good ice.

Cheers.

G

Guest gbfisher

With only three small creeek, no rivers and 100 or so bubblers. I'd think the bubblers would be good to keep an eye on..... :D

Trucks were driving the whole lake as of Sunday.

I have a video report I'll be posting this afternoon icefishing yesterday up in that region. We were see-sawing on driving the van out thats how much ice was there. After seeing Cityfishers luck out there last weekend we thought better play it safe. By the way how can anyone take ice reports from guy living in the southern U.S serious or is that the joke?

Edited by iceguy