Steelhead report

Josh Rogers

Hey everyone. How are you all? Well I managed to get a couple days off work this week and managed to go 9/14 between today and yesterday. My buddy that was with me yesterday got 2 and my buddy who was with me today got 7 with a 3 drift 3 fish streak! :clapping: Most fish were caught on roe bags using 4 lb test and small hooks. Here's a couple that I got.HPIM0074.JPGHPIM0079.JPGHPIM0078.JPG

Those are some beauties. I was just wondering if you where fishing any of the eastern tribs because I was thinking of heading down tomorrow but I don't want to make the hour drive if the creeks are high and muddy. Any info would be appreciated.

-Fishnpro

Yesterday and this morning, conditions were fine. Wednesday, not so much. It's hard to believe that I can see brown grass where there was 3 ft of snow last weekend. This rain and melt will help bring the staging fish upstream, but won't do much for the fishing opportunities. Whatever you do, don't plan on fishing this weekend. Nope, nope, nope.

great to see more rainbow pic's . used to fish brook trout exclusively 'til the atlantic salmon started running in the fall back home. rainbow's weren't very abundant so basically an unknown to most guys in my fishing community. moved to ont . and have fished almost everything 'cept bows with any conviction . seeing those pic's of the bows you caught makes this trip i have planned on the river seem so much closer. man , i'm cravin' steel more than ever!!! thanks for the post .

Edited by waterwolf