OK Now I'm Done

bushart

I think everyone should be an artist cause it makes life a little easier if your eccentric---someone may say "Hey that guy's kinda weird" then someone else could say "He's an artist" then it's oh ok.

Anyway that work in progress thing was bugging me so I tuned it a bit more---added a mid-river rock spit and added action to the fish.

Hopefully and pretty sure it's finito--Ill add a close-up again

Bushart

Thanks for your comments..

Actually as a young man I travelled all around the country even above the arctic circle with a job with the Hudson's Bay Co.

Also I used to guide in Northwestern Ontario and fish extensively in eastern Ontario.

So when asked I say that most of my work is a compilation of things I've seen or at times I'm concerned about.

For instance after spending some hunting time on a farm in the Ottawa valley I painted my field/stone fence pic or one season after some encounters with timber wolves in Northwestern Ontario I painted my wolf howling pic and so on.

Bushart

Very nice work Bushart. Just last night I watched a show on tv about a sidewalk chalk artist in Sweden that drew an incredible scene similar to yours. Except his scene was of a river flowing through a made made, brick lined channel. He also has a single Salmon in his art. Although it was drawn on a sidewalk, you'd swear that you'd fall into the river if you stepped over the bricks. It took him 3 days to do his work, and due to a city bylaw, he had to remove it before the evening of the day that he finished it. Anyways, my point is that I really appreciate the talent that you people have. It really amazes me how you can bring your minds eye to the canvas. Roy and Pam are two others that have this talent. I always appreciate seeing the results of the efforts from all of you guys. Keep them coming, and thanks..

Thanks Guys

I use your basic stretched canvas that you can get at most art supply stores and typically use acrylic paint.

Actually I just bought another canvas and I'm wondering which direction to go.

Bushart