Spring Pike In Toronto

Taro

Hey I remember Cousin George! Wow, what a blast from the part. I think HIS show should have been the one called "Real Fishing."

Anyhoo, I love reading about urban fishing adventures so I will enjoy reading your article when I get a moment later on. A quick glance, though, and it looks great as do all the pictures!

I don't mean to be nasty but your pictures will eventually ruin shore fishing spots.

Over the years marinas and other waterfront areas have become off limit to anglers across Ontario.

More people chucking lures and waving rods around in public areas will diminish the publics patience and our fishing spots.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you are trespassing in that shot at the police station.

Even if you are not. You know that they are not keen on people casting in there. I know that because they told me.

I think it's reckless to publicize that particular location.

I also take issue with the 2 pictures with the vertical holds. Publicly endorsing harmful practices is wrong.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and respect your skill.

I think more discretion is needed.

Kudos Snag. Myself, I'm starting to shy away from posting background shots in the harbour because I've seen the damage first hand. I'm starting to get pressured by the harbour whatch folk to fish elsewhere, because what used to be a few anglers fishing the harbour has turned into a crowd. People are starting to complain, especially boat owners. If we as anglers wish for respect and understanding, more discretion needs to be applied. We've never had problems with police, but shots like that will get us in a heep. Especially if half a dozen people turn up there tomorrow and are told they're on private property.

Asking for people to use discretion when posting pics such as these is difficult, and crowds are inevitable.

Still, if rules are respected, we may still be allowed to fish these areas in 10 years from now. Keep this up and there will be no fishing signs posted before we know it.

HD

I have been fishing Harbour front and Toronto Island for several years and learned even more about fishing those waters since I have joined this forum.

What I do notice about this forum is that reply users give is different depending on who made the post.

Ever since I joined this forum I was mainly interested only in urban fishing reports and mostly from Toronto harbour & the Island. Regardless what type of fish pictures with obvious background is posted if it is posted by somewhat well known regular users they get positive feedbacks from others... yet when it is not so regular users who posts a picture with background showing they get flamed for showing the location?

I am sure a lot of people agree but won't/doesn't say it... that depending on who made the post they'll receive different replies about sharing locations.

Also, regarding what Highdrifter said... "what used to be a few anglers fishing the harbour has turned into a crowd". Fishing is a sports? It just could mean that it is getting popular and growing. I think if a person is new to fishing and see others fishing the local water, they would start fishing the local water and maybe drive little further to others lakes as they get more interested in fishing. Oh and if crowds would eventually cause city to put "No Fishing" sign,,, I guess every river mouth should have been closed for fishing by now? When it comes to crowds nothing beats river fishing, seeing several dozens of fishermen shoulder to shoulder. Now that to me is crowd.

Edited by mikeymikey

I don't mean to be nasty but your pictures will eventually ruin shore fishing spots.

Over the years marinas and other waterfront areas have become off limit to anglers across Ontario.

More people chucking lures and waving rods around in public areas will diminish the publics patience and our fishing spots.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you are trespassing in that shot at the police station.

Even if you are not. You know that they are not keen on people casting in there. I know that because they told me.

I think it's reckless to publicize that particular location.

I also take issue with the 2 pictures with the vertical holds. Publicly endorsing harmful practices is wrong.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and respect your skill.

I think more discretion is needed.

If you'll put a little Desenex on that diaper rash of yours, you won't be quite so cranky.

Personally, I think the whole blurring out of background thing going on here is quite silly. I understand that some digression is needed when posting photos, and reports. No need to give all the details of where you were fishing if you don’t want to, but photo’s where the background is blurred out are ugly, and honestly, I don’t really like looking at them that much. For me it kind of takes away from the whole post, and it makes the poster come off as kind of snobby, not wishing to share details to anyone that’s not in the loop with that particular fishing spot. Maybe instead of blurring out the backgrounds of all the photos, just crop the photo differently so you don’t give away the whole spot, but still posting a nice quality photo for other anglers to admire. But hey, that’s just my humble opinion.

Posting current reports is actually pretty pointless. You show your spot to the entire world and you reveal prime time fishing. People need to go learn stuff out on their own rather than being spoon fed especially when it comes to shore fishing.

I think most are missing the point that a first time poster came here to gain attention to their website and nothing else. We use to kindly refer to such as :spam:

As Dawg points out he could have copied and pasted his written "piece", if he only wanted to share.

I can never agree with "go learn yourself rather than being spoon fed" terms used so many times.

If there are people learning, there are people teaching. Just because someone tells you how to fish doesn't mean she/he can fish, right? You learn and you go apply.

Edited by mikeymikey

I can never agree with "go learn yourself rather than being spoon fed" terms used so many times.

If there are people learning, there are people teaching. Just because someone tells you how to fish doesn't mean she/he can fish, right? You learn and you go apply.

Self taught and "trial and error" are 2 of the best methods to me!

Always put the "he" before "she"... and get rid of that damned bug!!! :angry:

I think most are missing the point that a first time poster came here to gain attention to their website and nothing else. We use to kindly refer to such as :spam:

As Dawg points out he could have copied and pasted his written "piece", if he only wanted to share.

With a welcoming like that I guess he won't be participating this forum anymore.

With a welcoming like that I guess he won't be participating this forum anymore.

I'll be honest... If someone just wants people to see their site and get advertising talk to TJ and become a sponsor of the board.. otherwise First posts shouldn't be plugs to your site... I agree with ya Wayne.... :spam: Maybe removing your link would be a good first step BTW...