Gas Prices

Headhunter

No more Steak and Prime Rib dinners for me on the road. I saw a sale on Vienna Sausages at No Frills for $o.49 a tin so I loaded up with a few cases.

I'm also going to watch some Trailer Park Boys reruns to see how Ricky siphons fuel :whistling:

Really...gonna not run wide open as much, fish closer to launch, slow down towing on highway, sleep in the back of my Avalanche just to keep getting my fix.

At this point I'd throw my support behind any political party that would bring Nationalizing of Canadas' oil resources back into discussion, like in Venezuela.

SEE FOR YOURSELF

Of course gas price's have to go up.

Has no one notice the price of diesel.

It cost twice as much to deliver the gas to the stations.

Diesel has doubled in price in the last 3 years.

And don't forget that diesel is better for the eco system.

More efficient and no carbon monoxide.

Gas cost, basically effects the consumer. Where diesel effects the cost of living.

I might as well through in over packaging. Plastic is made from crude also.

You have a very good point about packaging. When I got out of school in the early eighties I worked at a plastic factory. One of the mags out for the industry at that time was bragging that Union Carbide at the time was selling over a million lbs of garbage bags a month (world wide)..... in the next issue someone wrote in who said "They shouldn't be bragging about that because it takes the same amount of crude oil to produce that plastic as it does to make the equivalent weight in gasoline..... I remember a few of the guys in the plant who knew the chemistry behind plastics agreeing with the statement..... Sort of blows your mind when you think about it, and how oil is a finite resource.

Yesterday in North Bay the gas prices were $115.9. Two hours down the road, it was $109.9...almost felt like it was a "deal"...And it's not just gas, it's food as well. Not sure how many of you men grocery shop...anyhow, that too is on the rise. It's just everything...makes it a little harder to get ahead, or at least to enjoy a little more. Sometimes, there are ways around it, other times you have no other option but to vito a year and save for the next.

Dan McTeague (sp) the MP who is always talking about gas prices, but never really does anything about them, claims that everbodies prediction of $1.50 / litre by summer is inacurate, and he claims the prices will actually drop to about .95 ¢

I've heard that on a couple different news reports in the last week or so, but who knows where he's getting his info from :dunno:

A couple local stations here in Toronto were $1.09.4 yesterday but have dropped to $1.08.8 today, so maybe his prediction of the downward slide to cheaper Canadian gasoline has already started.......ya right :canadian:

Just remember, you will be on a fixed income too. See what you think about when prices are ridiculously out of control. YOU MIGHT BE WORRIED MORE THAN YOUR FISHING TRIPS AND HOLIDAYS. I wonder why the global warming conferance was canceled in Toronto and points East. Suzuki if you think that I would be glad to pay more in the name of global warming? EAT MY SHORTS YOU DEPRESSING MORON

I have 3 sit on top kayaks and a canoe so..... I also bought a little Honda Jazz Scooter 49cc to zip around town now that the media and wall street have convinced us gas will go to those heights and heck, why not higher. Will definitely not be running around in the Tacoma on a whim. Have a planned early July trip with my son to Cedar Lake, NE Algonquin, and another planned 5 day trip with my wife to Bruce Peninsula National Park. We'll take the Emotion Fisherman pro and her Hobie Mirage sport to paddle (and peddle) around in.

Slow news day + media = upcoming disaster of the day

average tank is 50L, gas going from 1.00 per litre (which was the last 'catastrophe') to 1.50 per litre = $25.00 more in bigger cars less in smaller cars.

So its funny to watch the news with anchors with serious looks...warning about a 20 buck news story.