Willow Beach Simcoe Whitefish

fisher

I am planning to go to Simcoe this Wednesday to do some ice fishing for Whitefish (first time for Whitefish on ice).

Does anyone know of a good Hut operator off of Willow Beach? Or anywhere else in that area?

Would like an operator that will do their best to put us on some fish.

Has anyone been to Dennis Mahoney's hut operation (operates out of Willow Beach) - I came across his name while searching the net.

Thanks.

Fisher :worthy:

Edited by fisher

I only met this young man about two weeks ago but I was VERY impressed with his knowledge and his attitude, if anyone can give you service and put you on fish I think he is one that can do it. If I was going to book, I wouldn't hesitate to give him a call. Slyatv 705 437 7880. let me know how you make out!

Don't take this the wrong way, and it is meant with all due humour, but... HUTS ARE FOR GIRLS!

With the warm weather, comparatively speaking, we are having this week and potentially next week, huts are a pain! They limit your mobility and become a "crutch" when out there!

Stay open and mobile and if you need a guide to find the Whities/Trout, just follow the caravan of vehicles heading out onto the lake!

HH

No offence taken but after reading some reports with the words "careful when crossing over pressure cracks", I would rather pay an experienced operator a few bucks to take me out than to risk not being able to return to shore due to the pressure crack getting bigger, or even worse, falling through (regardless if there is a caravan of trucks going out that way). With my luck, that caravan of trucks would have weakened the ice just enough for me to fall through it in my truck when I went over it. I figure an experienced operator would know where/when or when not to cross. And it's not like I do this every week, so for a few bucks for peace of mind is worth it in my opinion.

Big Cliff, thanks for your suggestion to call Sly...I have heard good things about him on another message board.

Fisher.

The only other operators in that area are Hanks huts, and Bonnie Boats. Both out of Sutton.

BTW, you don't have to cross any cracks to catch fish out there. Just go out towards snake/fox islands, and stay on the south side of the crack. There are fish there.......just move around till you find them.

I'd rather be mobile, than stuck in a hut. Sometimes a move of 100 yds makes all the difference.

Sinker

After rethinking our plan for tomorrow, we now may walk out on our own to do some ice fishing instead of going with an operator.

Since we'll be walking, I think Bear Point or Big Bay Point would be better options as the fishing grounds are closer to shore. Could someone let me know where I could park in either of these two locations? And which location would be a better bet for catching fish?

Thanks again for everyone's input,

Fisher