The Sunshine Coast...

brandon

I was invited to a cottage for the weekend up the sunshine coast....near Egmont and Earles Cove to be more specific. Saturday was a beautiful day and I spent the whole day hiking and exploring. Before even arriving at the cottage we stopped at Ruby Lake right on the side of the Sunshine Coast Highway. Here is a pic and a pano of Ruby Lake...

004_5_6_tonemappedwebsite-1.jpg

Panorama78website.jpg

Once I got to the cottage I checked out a map and spotted out a trail that leads through an ecological reserve to Ambrose Lake....

Crappy pic but I like the reflection

052_3_4_tonemappededitwebsite.jpg

Here is lonely me relaxing at Ambrose Lake

110_1_2_tonemappedwebsite.jpg

and a 2 photo pano of basically the same scene.....sans brandon

Panorama80website.jpg

After the 6km round trip hike to Ambrose I uploaded some pictures to my laptop and took a little snooze. Upon waking up I took a quick 10 minute walk to the Earles Cove Ferry Terminal....

Here is a pano of the terminal

Panorama81website.jpg

From the terminal I headed into the town of Egmont where I took these 2 pictures from the docks

151_3_tonemappedwebsite.jpg

187_9_tonemappedwebsite.jpg

After Egmont time it was dinner and a movie time. With darkness setting in I continued to edit some pictures when I got the idea to try some nighttime photography. Besides the moon on the night of the lunar eclipse, I really have no experience shooting the stars. So I headed back down to the ferry terminal and it figures the night I want some practice taking pictures of the stars, the northern lights are dancing across the sky. So not only now do I have to hurry and take some pics before the light show dies down, I also had to figure out what the hell I was doing. Now the ferry terminal has some pretty bright lights so I had to get beyond them however a fence was in the way. I spoke to the man working at the terminal if he would mind if I hopped the fence for some pictures and he gave me the OK......

2 photo pano of the Northern Lights above the distant mountains with the Ferry Terminal in the foreground

Panorama82website.jpg

and one more of the N. Lights....the bright lights on the right are from a small logging community up the Inlet

222website.jpg

Today before I headed back to Vancity I hiked into the Skookumchuck Rapids. The only pictures I'm happy with is of Brown Lake which I passed on the way to the rapids....

001_2_3_tonemappedwebsite.jpg