Type of Battery

Scott S

This looked like a very good and knowlegdeable group of people on this web site so I joined. I also just bought a boat and need some assistance in getting it ready for the spring. I need to buy a deep cycle battery for my electric and want to get some feed back on what type of battery to get. Thanks for your replies in advance.

Scooter

EH!

Usually a 27 series battery does the trick... If you plan on starting the engine with this battery

buy a Dual Purpose battery. If it is just electronics and or a trolling motor a deep cycle is the what you want....

I sell Exide Stowaways.... I use them and have two for the last 4 years ....I sell them for 72.59$

# 27 dc700

I also can get you a gel battery..... money wasted if you ask me... more Warranties done on these than any other battery.

I sell ,,, A/C Delco... Exide... Varta ... Penn State..Eveready Energizer.....none are better than the other.

there are 3 major manufacturers of batteries in North America... the rest are just rebranded.

when it comes to a deep cycle battery the life expectancy is relative....It depends on how often you use and charge it,, storing a fully charged battery for the winter has a big role in the battery's life.

charging it every 2 months is recommended... at least test it every two months when not in use.

Get a charging system for your outboard... or a solar charger.

I just got back from a Battery Expo... learned alot and have passed it on..

Hey Randy, Thanks for the reply. I just need a battery for my electric and fish finder. What size of exide would you recomend. I live in Barrie , wish you were a little closer I would buy one from you but that's a bit of a drive to Sturgeon.

Scooter