Weagle

mattyk

Anybody ever use musky mojo's weagle? I'm thinking of picking one up this year. I have heard some good things about them. I want to try to catch my first ski topwater fishing this year hopefully.

Never tried a Mojo Weagle, but I do have a handfull of original Musky Nut Tackle Weagles.

They are quite heavy, and a bit of a chore to toss out. They also take a little bit of practice to get a good cadence on the retrieve. Once you get the hang of it, the action is great. Moves a ton of water, and makes an awesome sound.

Good luck

HPIM0358.jpg

Edited by nofrills

I just started Muskie fishin last year,but boated 4 and all where topwater Muskie I caught all 4 of them on a ????? ????,never tried a weagle, try it thou might be your ticket

Be careful, someone might use the same lure and catch all the fish in the lake... :whistling:

They are easy to work and I had a number of blow ups on Nip and the Upper French but my hooks ups weren't so good. I blame me, not the bait. I think I worked them a little too fast.

It's not you Marty, that's the downfall of walk-the-dog topwaters. Jackpots are no different. They sure show the fish but often times they miss.

I agree Raf, the fish are certainly attracted to them, but usually knock them outta the way before they get hold of the hooks. I throw Doc's alot and do get fish on them, but miss far more than I hook.

Still alot of fun to watch them blow up on the baits though !!

True...to a point.

Because it isn't a "straight" retrieve back to the boat, it's hard for the fish to track it. I would agree that the extra weight does help with blow ups. The same sort of thing can be achieved by wrapping the hooks with lead solder on lighter baits, like the Jackpot.