NF ... SUV tires, what are your running?

krawler

Need to tires for the truck looking for an All Terrain tire. would like to hear what you guys are running and your opinions.

right now im considering, BFG AT KO, Pro Comp AT, Toyo open country AT

size 31x10.5x15

also where did you buy your tires, price is a huge factor in my decision. this year im outfitting the boat with a ton of downrigging equipment so if i can save a few bucks on tires it would really help.

thanks

Mickey Thompson Baja Radial ATZ.... I sell tires and autoparts for a living and for that size you shouldn't be paying more than 185$ per tire....I've had those on my Expedition and love 'em.

very agressive and not so noisy on the highway...great in the snow and off road..

but if you do primairily highway driving ...[i'm gonna kick myself for saying this]

radial rough rider radian all terrain M+S @ canadian tire.... there I said it.. roadhazard warranty and there ctc's everywhere.

only have one thing to say................Walmat....best place to get tires.............they are giving them away.................free instalation,balancing,roadside asst,flat repare and rotation for the life of the tire.

just picked up 4 for my truck,all said and done for $442.00..you cant beat that!!!

Guest skeeter99

dont go to wal-mart

go to the little tire guy in your town(ma and pop shop) they are way cheaper than walmart and include everything in their price

I was looking for tires for my durango and I live in oshawa and 3 different tire places beat the wal-mart price for the same tire taxes included/balance/disposal etc.

I actually got a better tire from the small guy for less than wal-marts higher end tire price, wal marts tires are price well cause they are middle of the road tires, look at what tires wal-mart sells and look on the internet for ratings on these tire (tirerack.com) and 99% of wal-marts tires only score in the middle of the road even if they are in house brand or brand name, they are actually selling the tires a little high for the actually quality of the tire

you will be very very suprised if you go to a mom and pop tire shop, absolutely awsome prices for some real high end great performing tires, basically ctc/walmart and the chain stores are selling tires for $50 to $75 more dollars than they are worth

I got the bfg at's 31X16 installed for $400 total cost

the owner told me the actual cost of these tires to him is $72 a tire

Edited by skeeter99

Walmart will not install tires that your vehicle was not "designed" for (ie. the sticker on your door). So unless the sticker says 31x10.5x15, which I doubt, you'll have to get em installed elsewhere. I tried getting them to put on 235/75/15s on my jeep and they said nope, sticker says 215 or 225.. eventhough they fit just fine and it's fairly common to run oversize tires.

The ATs that consistently get best reviews are the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos, but they aren't the cheapest tire.

Try these I'm selling alot of these too...Dick Cepeck Radial FC II... good long lasting tire..great off road and available in a 31 x 15 ..

Again if you do alot of highway get a tire that has a road hazard warranty ... my Expedition goes

off road more than on - highway... but I can warranty my tire for myself.

If yer in northern ontario with a odd brand tire like Dick Cepek or Micky ... or Doug Thoronly .. or

Maxxis ... orrr ya know what i mean who'll warranty them? It'll cost you a new tire..get one at CTC or Wally world ...may pay a little more for what you get but peace of mind is included.

CTC and Wally world are my competitors...I wouldn't send you there if It wasn't the truth.

If you can forgo the roadhazard warranty .... try this one..

I run kumo"s, a cooper take off i think , new31/10.5 for about $100 apiece, kinda look like a michelin, great highway tire and enough for the off road bit, i get about 3 years out of mine, all my trucks i've run a 31/ 10.5 tire and nothing else, even from new, dealership, to the tire shop then home.

Not sure if they come in your size but for an all around 4 wheel drive tire thats quiet on the road and bites in hard off the road check out the Nokian line up. They only are sold by Kal tire in Canada. The model I run is the Vativa. These are a Finish tire and they rock in the snow. Check out Kal Tire.com

I'm quite happy with these. Hercules Trail Digger M/T.

Hpim0124.jpg

Also much quieter on the highway than I expected.

I suggest you also pay the little extra and get the light truck tires instead of passenger grade tires.

Rick

Edited by Woodsman