Whose gonna be at the

TJQ

I will likely be wandering around all day Saturday. I've never been before... always went to the fishing show. Is there anywhere where we could schedule a time for OFC'rs to gather and have a ... um beverage?? Maybe we could put an evening together as well.

Will be there on Saturday with my bother-in-law and son. I have been going every year since the late sixties. It was fabulous back then, could make deals on everything. Always came home with new equipment or a new boat ( wife used to warn me each year,not to come home if I even thought about a new boat) :whistling: .Things changed over the years and the Tackle shops became less and less and did not barter much. Grimsby tackle still does. I heard this year was going to be more like the past, we will see.

Those tekotas are a great reel,for the money there is none better :whistling::clapping: ,my charter fishing buddy bought 10 of them a few years ago,and they all work amazing even with wire line,the drag system is second to none,they can handle a salmon doing a 300yrd run at 20mph,with ease,good choice lew....those muskies better watch out !!!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I'll be there on Saturday all day At the Fishinontario Booth... Yea I know some off you think they are crooks but if you know them they are great people.. stop in and find me and I will try to help you out.. Just ask Gerritt... He likes to shop with me there

Sounds good Shawn, I'll be there when the doors open Wednesday morning.

I'll be smilin all day too, I'm picking up a Shimano TE400 & another musky pole :Gonefishing:

Sounds like my game plan, I'll be there on Wednesday also. Lew, can you barter with the vendors much? I was looking into a 8' Shimano Compre for my muskie rod, but if I can save some $$$ on something better perhaps a St.Croix Avid? :)

BillM try yhe Grimsby tackle booth, i just purchased a st. croix trimph rod, 7' med heavy for $59.99 no tax, they were packing up that day for the show, i believe they have the no tax thing going as well, tax from $200 sure make for upgrading to something better.

Sounds like my game plan, I'll be there on Wednesday also. Lew, can you barter with the vendors much? I was looking into a 8' Shimano Compre for my muskie rod, but if I can save some $$$ on something better perhaps a St.Croix Avid? :)

Bill, your making a good choice with the Compre, it's an excellent musky rod & comes with a lifetime warranty too. I've got a couple myself and IMHO, they're every bit as good as my St. Croix rods.

As for the bartering, yup, you can often work some nice deals with a few of the vendors.

I'll be there by myself on Wed, likely from 11am or noon til closing. Planning on catching 4 seminars at the Fish TV Zone. At 1pm it's walleye, then from 4-6pm it's trolling motors, general bait tricks, and largemouths.

Will be back on Sat with Hubby, likely arriving 2-2:30pm and staying til closing. We'll split up to see the smallmouth and crankbait seminars at 4, and then both be at the muskie seminar at 5 and Italo's multi-species at 6.

Would love to put some faces to the names here. If anything's going on for Wed/Sat, please keep me in the loop.

I am thinking so we all know who is who we should cut out boxes and put some string on them and hang a piece on the front and on the back saying OFC and then your Handle... Here's what I mean... of course this is a little bit smaller of a sign than I was looking for this is what he had already made. See you there ;) Ohh and I know I am not so great with photoshop lol

Bear-Grandfather-Mtn-Tim-Floyd-7796.gif