I've Always Apprecited My Parents.........BUT

Sandbag

WHAT were they thinking......?????

They immigrated to Canada in 1968 to give their children (me) better opportunities in life. I can only assume that all the photo brochures they looked at were taken during the summer!

Wasn't there any Carribean countries accepting immigrants...lol

March8th2008006.jpg

March8th2008004.jpg

It is a beautiful day here today now that the snow has stopped. The sun is shining and it always looks beautiful with fresh snow.

All joking aside, I'll bet there are plenty of OFNers out there that have their parents courage and determination to thank for the opportunities they have had. Sure would be a big step heading to another country and leaving all your friends and family.

Have a great day everyone :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers

Craig

Edited by Sandbag

The snow is just a minor setback for being able to live in this country. Your parents and mine and many thousands of others couldn't have made a better choice. Thanks for bringing that up as sometimes I forget how difficult it must have been for them.

my mom moved here from poland when she was 14. alone! now that takes guts!!! although she would tell you it was a dream come true the day she left poland.

as for the snow.....i personally love it! the clean crisp air with the trees all covered and white. its aesome! untill the cars hit the road for monday rush hour and everything turns brown lol

cheers!

Difficult for them..... my ancestors have been shovelling the damn stuff here since 1621!!! :wallbash:

We must be related...my folks came here in 1634. I still have a clip of their arrival on Youtube. My dad's side of the family was English, my mother's side was French but they quickly enough were Canuckianized as they went to school in Iroquois immersion.